Which Dry Suit do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Diving Gulf of Mexico, looks like lows get around 59F? I hate donning a 7mm neoprene wetsuit, Ive always hated it. I also have wished I could get some dives in during the winter... I know very little about these suits but it seems there are 3 types? fabric, neoprene, or compressed neoprene? Would like to budget around 1000.

Thanks in advance

Suggest you look at the DUI size charts on their website to see if you fit in any of the stock sizes and then look for used ones for sale here. Come up fairly often.

If you need a custom size, that’s another matter. A lot of the folks here like the Seaskin from the UK. But there are no dealers in the US, so if something goes badly wrong with your suit, you’d have to deal with the UK. You’ll have to decide if you want to deal with that hassle or not.

1000 budget. Does that include the undergarments? Either way you will likely need to look used, some places have the yukon on close out for around that if you can find one in your size.

i didnt see stock sizes only in dui, im far from stock - have a long torso. prob will have to be custom

If your budget is only $1K for the suit and you need custom, you need to either go with a Seaskin or readjust your budget/expectations.

If you stay with DUI (I'm not recommending either way) cheapest suit yukon II 1600 retail plus 400 for alterations so 2000, double your budget.

Back
Top Bottom