Which Dry Suit do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whites fusion is what i bought under 1000 Canadian but then you need boots and undergarments .my local dive store sold me a used 1 piece thermal for 100 dollars and boots were 100 and suit was 900 new so i was set for 1200 dollars(taxes) and dove waters under 50 degrees f .good starter dry suit

Drygloves also work better with a drysuit
If you want to go dry on the hands, too, be aware that not all drysuits are equally suited (pun not intended) for drygloves. Neoprene wrist seals are really awkward, any suit with latex seals can be used with rubber seal drygloves (seal-to-seal, but IMNSHO that's a real PITA compared to a good ring system), while shell suits are very well suited (again, pun not intended) for drygloves, both ring and seal-to-seal.

Me, I love my Ultima drysuit ring system.

What size would you be in an Aqua Lung Fusion suit? There is (or was last I looked) a NOS 2XL/3XL Whites (Drycore) Fusion Bullet at my LDS - (Aqualung bought Whites). Maybe a deal to be had ...

I heard there might be some buoyancy issues with these suits? Like if you swim back down and the air floats back to your legs??

What size would you be in an Aqua Lung Fusion suit? There is (or was last I looked) a NOS 2XL/3XL Whites (Drycore) Fusion Bullet at my LDS - (Aqualung bought Whites). Maybe a deal to be had ...
I will have to get my measurements this week and go from there

I heard there might be some buoyancy issues with these suits? Like if you swim back down and the air floats back to your legs??
My experience is that this is a non-issue with the Fusion, certainly less than any other suit I have used.

That's an issue with every drysuit. More so with a shell suit, less so with an elastic suit like a neo DS or the Fusion (which basically is a neo suit with a few add-ons).

My first drysuit, a really snug Everdry 4, is almost as easy to dive as a wetsuit. I hardly can tell the difference. It's as snug as a wetsuit. But it sucks in really cold water, because it can't accommodate proper winter undergarments. And - like a wetsuit - it enhances my gut, so it isn't a suit you'd want to be pictured in if you're a normal middle-aged dude (for gender-neutral values of "dude")

The Fusion is a loosely cut inner layer with a closely fitting outer skin. Think of a trash bag compressed by pantyhose. As long as you fit the suit height-wise, it should be a good fit. Mine is a better fit than I got with my first custom suit.

I tried on a fusion, the height was fine the legs was so tight that I would not be able to wear any undergarments, so not the right suit for me.

I tried on a fusion, the height was fine the legs was so tight that I would not be able to wear any undergarments, so not the right suit for me.
If you tried on a Bullet, it might not have been the fit. There are bungees inside the pockets that are meant to adjust the support for the pocket, but also narrow the leg opening when snugged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom