Which dry glove system is 'best'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m currently using pullover gloves with my Ultima glove side rings. I need more wrist mobility to be able to reach my bungees now I’m diving SM again. Once I get my new DUI, I’ll continue to use pullovers with the Viking rings. The buddy buying my Fusion doesn’t want dry gloves so I’ll pull the Ultima rings off and sell the Ultima system separately.

Does anyone have a better recommendation / suggestion for equalization tubes? Right now I'm not using anything because my seals are torn, but when I did those little tubes just seemed to be more of a pain than they were worth.

I haven't tried just leaving the thumb loop on, that was my next attempt...need new seals 1st though. It's kind of nice not having them...hands are way warmer.

I too found the spaghetti like silicone tubes a pain to insert and tried using coffee stirrers....the more rigid form of the coffee stirrer was very uncomfortable and I switched back to the silicone tubes.

To be honest though, when suiting lately I keep forgetting to pull the tubes out of my kit to insert...its not too much of a problem as the squeeze of the glove is never enough to cause any discomfort for me...but as the water temp begins to rapidly drop I will most likely start remembering the tubes.

If you lost the ones that came with your suit, is a link to a replacement product (I think the originals are cut @ 8 inches long):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N75T1P0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1mm x 2mm is what I ordered.

-Z

The only problem I ever had with the Si-Tech Quickglove system was the occasional problem taking them off after a dive. I usually found that a little personal lubricant (KY jelly or the like -- water-based so easy cleanup) on the O-ring was enough to prevent that.

Currently testing the Rolock 90 dryglove system. So far it has been the easiest system I have used. It is designed to integrate with the PU ring of the Si-Tech QCS oval system.

Rolock also has a similar system that mounts on glued in latex seals.

The Rolock 90 are easy to set up, super simple to use, and very secure. I tried my best to get them to leak without actually breaking them and they were dry as can be.

I will eventually be writing a review of the system.

I highly recommend these for folks looking for a quality and easy to use dryglove system. My set of Ultima DGS has now moved into 2nd place.

-Z

Currently testing the Rolock 90 dryglove system. So far it has been the easiest system I have used. It is designed to integrate with the PU ring of the Si-Tech QCS oval system.

Rolock also has a similar system that mounts on glued in latex seals.

The Rolock 90 are easy to set up, super simple to use, and very secure. I tried my best to get them to leak without actually breaking them and they were dry as can be.

I will eventually be writing a review of the system.

I highly recommend these for folks looking for a quality and easy to use dryglove system. My set of Ultima DGS has now moved into 2nd place.

-Z

^^^^ this exactly except I'm using the rolock 3.

Yep, I use the ultimas on my neoprene suit but much prefer the Rolock that I have on the trilam, may buy another Rolock for the neo suit.

^^^^ this exactly except I'm using the rolock 3.

Just a note about Rolock product name:

Rolock 1, 2, and 3 are the same product with the exception that the ring used to mount a glove on the glove-ring is a different size for each.

Rolock 1 comes with a blue glove retention ring that is designed for use with size M SHOWA 490 gloves with an attached internal insulating liner.

Rolock 2 comes with a black glove retention ring that is designed for use with size L and XL SHOWA 490 gloves with an attached internal insulating liner.

Rolock 3 comes with a red glove retention ring that is designed for use with gloves that do not have an attached internal insulating liner. This version of the system will work with gloves similar to the SHOWA 495, 660, and 720 among others.

Rolock 90 comes in 2 versions:

Black glove retention ring for gloves with an attached internal insulating line like the SHOWA 490
Blue glove retention ring for gloves without an attached internal insulating liner such as the 495, 660, and 720.

-Z

The best? The next one I buy.... And again, and again, and again....

FWIW, I have found most gloves suck for finger length (for me).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom