Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Zeagle 911

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akforsyth once bubbled...
I have been looking around at harness/backplate systems lately and would like to get everyones opinion on which they think is better. Please feel free to add any other brand/style you wish to the conversation. TIA.

I voted for DiveRite. Main issue for me is availability. You can get Halcyon stuff over here (Europe) but it's *way* expensive and the diverite gear is nearly as good an you can pay for it without asking your wife if she would feel badly living in a smaller house.

R..

well thought I jump into this one, I recently bought a dive right back plate and harness ,seems good quality ect one thing I didn't know and its my fault is that dive -rite don't have single tank adapter strap slots cut into there backplate so what do you do you take to local machine shop mark spot from wings ect and have him cut them for you and de-bur them bingo good to go with out single tank adapter !!!
well as far as weight system not sure, weight belt , oms no sage weight pocket , dive-rite weight pockets they all look about same to me !!
wings well there again with out being able to dive and com-pair again i have to say personal choice seems over all Halcyon wings seems to rule but my self bought dive-rite for know till I can save money afford my second rig for doubles !!!

medic13 once bubbled...
well thought I jump into this one, I recently bought a dive right back plate and harness ,seems good quality ect one thing I didn't know and its my fault is that dive -rite don't have single tank adapter strap slots cut into there backplate so what do you do you take to local machine shop mark spot from wings ect and have him cut them for you and de-bur them bingo good to go with out single tank adapter !!!
well as far as weight system not sure, weight belt , oms no sage weight pocket , dive-rite weight pockets they all look about same to me !!
wings well there again with out being able to dive and com-pair again i have to say personal choice seems over all Halcyon wings seems to rule but my self bought dive-rite for know till I can save money afford my second rig for doubles !!!

IIRC there is a single tank adapter in their catalogue. Your solution wil probably also work.

R..

i do only singles diving in tropical waters. if you're using a bp/harness setup, heck, you don't even need weights! and i'm talking about an aluminium backplate.

i don't know about the bigger wings, but comparing halcyon's 27 pioneer wing on a bp to diverite's travel wing on a TP II, halcyon's wing does seem more stable in the water. orientate yourself any way in the water and you just stay there. no issues. with the travel wing on a TP II, i have heard numerous people complain that it rides up on you, leaving you somewhat unbalanced. maybe it's because a crotch strap doesn't come standard on it and people don't bother getting one.

i say, on top of asking what type of diving you do, you gotta also consider the specific lift that you are using and compare those wings only.

I dive both (not @ the same time) DiveRite TPII w/Rec wing & a DiteRite Al BP w/a Classic wing. I changed the corr. hose to a shorter on & replaced the pull dump w/an elbow. My TPII is wonderful for singles. The BP & harness w/my dbl Catalina 3300 Al 80s are posing a trim problem. With NO weight & a 3mm Goldcore Full & 5mm farmer/shorty I sink like a stone HEAD 1ST. Gotta work on trim. The plate is on the bottom holes & the bands are all the way to the top. I have no complaints w/DR. I just can't see paying that kinda jack for what aeems to be the "same" product.
JMHO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom