Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Zeagle 911

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 13 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will have to go with other
I bought 10' of weight belt, took a 1/8th plate aluminum,Cut drilled and bent it, bought some d-rings, clips and a OMS blatter.
Took me one afternoon to build, I also made my own tank bands for twin 80's..... No I will never win any DIR awards! But then I've been diving longer than most GUE-DIR converts.

Cold 2 Hydrogen atoms and 1 Oxygen Atom,
Hahaha....

Yes, I know they can't. I have spoken to many OMS users, some VERY accomplished divers at that, deep divers, tech divers, deco divers, etc. and no a single one can give me details, names, etc. of a single OMS fatality.

Any firm that sells their same wings for over $100 more than OMS HAS to justify it somehow.

As I said, I have dove both brands so that’s no just IMO, I saw no difference in my diving with the Halcyon vs. the OMS. Yea, the Halcyon looked like a quality wing - no doubt about it - but then, so does my OMS as far as I can tell.

It all hype...

For backplates, FredT would be my 1st choice and Halcyon my 2nd. For wings, only Halcyon. Their wings are extremely well made and are very, very durable.

On Sunday I put together my Zeagle Backplate with Standard Harness, fist one into Australia and I am in LOVE.

I got in soo much trouble last night because as my wife tried to get into bed she was pushed to one side to make way for my new rig.

As I dive wet I put on the 55# dual bladder a couple of Twin Faber 12Lt Tanks and a Sexy Chrome Manifold with a couple of Mares Ruby's hanging off it.

I am going to take it for a splash one night this week. And will give a report on it.

I have been using double bladder 100 lb OMS for the last 7 years with no problems. My personnel one I just changed not from being worn out but just for being faded. Only recommendation would to carry extra bungy cords in your box since they do break on a occassion other then they I will keep diving with OMS.

Bruce

As UP said I like haveing the slots in the Halcyon BP son it can be used with the Halcyon wings without a STA. Hence I like the Halcyon BP and I feel the Halcyon SS BP in finished much nicer than the others and if you quit diving can always be used as a mirror to shave!

However, I recently bought a Halcyon AL BP and thought that the the finishing and workmanship was far below their other products, in fact not even as nice as the Dive Rite AL BP, more like something Bubba would crank out in his garage and sell for $50. This weekend a dive buddy showed me his new Halcyon AL plate and had similar comments and concerns so mine was not just a bad production run as I had to wait for mine to arrive after a 2 month backordered 6 months ago and my buddy just got his last week after a one month backorder.

So in the end I voted for Halcyon because of the slots but if I did it again I would get someone elses AL plate.

Dave D

After using Dive Rite, Halcyon, & Koplin, I am going to get a Fred T heavy. The one piece harness is the same for all of them.

BTW

Died while diving bondage wings.........
John S. Claypool, Jane Ornstein

omar

omar once bubbled...
BTW

Died while diving bondage wings.........
John S. Claypool, Jane Ornstein

omar

You just can't post the above without giving specifics. There's nothing here to explain the circumstances or prove that their deaths were related to their equipment. If we all went by that logic there would be no equipment safe to dive with as divers have no doubt died wearing various brands/types of equipment. I'd really like to know the rest of the story.

Jane Ornstein died from a O2 hit . """Investigators believe she mistakenly switched her breathing supply over to an oxygen-rich mixture known to be highly toxic at great depths.""" Nothing to do with what type of gear she was wearing.

Here's a link.
http://web.outsideonline.com/magazine/200101/200101disp1.html

John Clayton died with unknown circumstances (he was lost at Sea for 3 days) trying to help a student "Elkins" who was apparently having BC problems. Which was a bungied wing. This bungied wing statement was made by people who dont like them. Not by anyone investigating the death.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom