Which do you prefer? night diving or daytime dives and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I prefer day dives between sunrise and sunset, conversely I prefer night dives between sunset and sunrise.
:stirpot:

The beauty of Bonaire is that you can do a shore night dive at the house reef every night ( and I do ).

never met a night dive i didn't like.....

As a marine biologist, I feel it is important to dive both day and night to get a more complete picture of the ecology of a site. I often prefer night diving since it is less crowded but enjoy socializing with other divers during the day.

When boat diving, I prefer an early morning dive, before breakfast, good hearty breakfast, and then a pre-lunch dive and
later a mid-afternoon splash. I eat way more when diving.

At night, these days, I am ready for dinner and a glass of wine.

I am only good for about 3-4 dives a day.

I agree with Capt Jim Wyatt. I like night dives at night and daylight dives during the day. They are both great and provide different views of the same place. If I can only dive 2 dives per day, then I like a twi-night dive on the same reef. I can hover over the same 100 sq. ft. and watch the different ecosystems that co-exist both day and night. I guess I just like to blow bubbles.

Cheers - M²

Back
Top Bottom