Which brand of steel cylinder / tank should I buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got my PST 104's. I bought them because of the bouyancy characteristic that are posted on thier website. I only have one dive with them but I talked my LDS into becoming a dealer and the owner of the shop wants some now that he has seen them. They are great tanks.

Chad

I use PST HP 65 and HP80 tanks. Bouyancy characteristics and plain galvanize finish are two of the main reasons.

Tor-Tec Cylynders are manufactured by Roth Cylinders who are one of the largest vessel makers in France fire extinguisher and medical bottles etc. marketed in the UK by Northern Diver.
Typically a 12 litre Tor-Tec is about 16 Kg ish. over a 12 ltre Fabre at 12/13 Kg UK regs are BS 5045, CE approvl is or will be introduced in the near future. the the cylinders come in 10, 12, and 15 ltr the 12 ltr is possible in two shapes short fat long thin all are 234 bar wp
hope this helps.

For deeper dives I use 2 x 10 litre singles with twin regs and gauges etc on the assumption that if its on you back you dont need it on your weight belt and it is much more comfy. On regular dives I use 1 of the 10 litres with a 3 litre pony again twin reg setup

Originally posted by Thomas Ivey

DOT 3AA is a cylinder spec, TC3AAM is the same spec for Canada. Any scuba cylinder to be used in Canada must have a "TC" approval.

Yes. DOT = Department of Transport (US) and TC = Transport Canada. Canada and the US often harmonize standards such as this because of the high degree of integration of the economies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom