Which all-inclusive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Club is on Orbitz?

They're not. I wish they were. I like what I've heard of SCC, but given the sizable discounts on package deals, it's going to be cheaper for us to stay at the Sabor and dive with Aldora Divers. 2 tank boat dives every day, with unlimited tanks for shore diving. And as others on here have mentioned, Aldora uses HP100 or HP120 tanks, so your dive is likely to be limited by NDL, not gas.
The restaurants at the Sabor are also more likely to fit us. We like to get off the boat, eat something and take a nap on the beach (it simply doesn't do to come back from Mexico without a good tan....) and then grab our lights for a twilight/night dive, followed by a late dinner.

They're not. I wish they were. I like what I've heard of SCC, but given the sizable discounts on package deals, it's going to be cheaper for us to stay at the Sabor and dive with Aldora Divers. 2 tank boat dives every day, with unlimited tanks for shore diving. And as others on here have mentioned, Aldora uses HP100 or HP120 tanks, so your dive is likely to be limited by NDL, not gas.
The restaurants at the Sabor are also more likely to fit us. We like to get off the boat, eat something and take a nap on the beach (it simply doesn't do to come back from Mexico without a good tan....) and then grab our lights for a twilight/night dive, followed by a late dinner.
Isn't Aldora north of town and Sabor far south? How are you getting to Aldora after lunch for the shore dives?

For the Sabor, this may help some: Legionnaires' disease - FAQ

Isn't Aldora north of town and Sabor far south? How are you getting to Aldora after lunch for the shore dives?

The Sabor is south, yes. But so are the boat dives. Aldora picks up on the pier.
Aldora will drop us off at the resort with tanks, or we can have them drop us off at the Aldora Villa and shore dive from there (which is, from what I've heard, a better shore dive site anyway).
But the typical dive seems to be a long deep dive, followed by a long SI on the beach, with a late breakfast/early lunch, followed by the second long dive. We like the simplicity of the AI, but we expect to eat probably half our dinners in town anyway, so it's relatively easy to get dropped off at the Villa, nap on the beach, dive, and then have dinner before returning to the Sabor.

I have no idea what message I'm supposed to be getting from the CDC link...

An interesting plan there DDog. I'd like to see a report on how it works for you.

The link is how to avoid Legionnaires' disease - a problem at the Sabor.
have a great trip :pilot:

No chest pains, so it wasn't Legionnaire's that I caught. Woke up in the middle of the night before last puking my guts out, which lasted intermittently through yesterday, along with terrible stomach cramps, fever, light sensitivity, and my whole body hurt. Wanted to die. Skipped yesterday's dives, of course, probably could have made it this morning as I felt somewhat better, but Jeremy offered to not charge me for the day so I didn't push it. Still a bit sore all over today, but stomach feels better - was able to keep down my food and a bit of liquor to make me feel better - and I'll be right as rain tomorrow morning. Definitely not "traveler's diarrhea" since I didn't even have diarrhea. I figure a norovirus - there are lots of kids here - but told myself I wouldn't go see a doc unless it got even worse and it didn't. Getting laid up two out of our six days here really sucks, though!

Will accept diagnosis from any amateur docs, or even pros, but I'm not able to go see a local doc unless I truly am dying, even though it would mean DAN would reimburse me for the one nonrefundable day of diving I missed.

No chest pains, so it wasn't Legionnaire's that I caught. Woke up in the middle of the night before last puking my guts out, which lasted intermittently through yesterday, along with terrible stomach cramps, fever, light sensitivity, and my whole body hurt. Wanted to die. Skipped yesterday's dives, of course, probably could have made it this morning as I felt somewhat better, but Jeremy offered to not charge me for the day so I didn't push it. Still a bit sore all over today, but stomach feels better - was able to keep down my food and a bit of liquor to make me feel better - and I'll be right as rain tomorrow morning. Definitely not "traveler's diarrhea" since I didn't even have diarrhea. I figure a norovirus - there are lots of kids here - but told myself I wouldn't go see a doc unless it got even worse and it didn't. Getting laid up two out of our six days here really sucks, though!

Will accept diagnosis from any amateur docs, or even pros, but I'm not able to go see a local doc unless I truly am dying, even though it would mean DAN would reimburse me for the one nonrefundable day of diving I missed.
:eek: What do you mean that you are unable to see a doc? Do you mean you wouldn't be covered under your medical plan and don't want to pay? Sounds horrible, and you should go even if it costs money - duh.

I walked back in the kitchen once the one time I stayed at the Reef Club; is that the same place as Sabor now? No cooking. :amazed: They shipped food in from another resort. The poolside buffet was the worst tho: lukewarm pizza covered only by flies from the nearby cattle farm. That was before I joined SB tho. If I walk into something like that these days, I'll be posting a tirade about why I was not warned here.

An interesting plan there DDog. I'd like to see a report on how it works for you.

The link is how to avoid Legionnaires' disease - a problem at the Sabor.
have a great trip :pilot:

I'll post a report after we return, of course. :) But it's not till December. :(

I'm already familiar with Legionnaires. But I'd be interested in seeing the report that proves it's "a problem" at the Sabor...

:eek: What do you mean that you are unable to see a doc? Do you mean you wouldn't be covered under your medical plan and don't want to pay? Sounds horrible, and you should go even if it costs money - duh.

I walked back in the kitchen once the one time I stayed at the Reef Club; is that the same place as Sabor now? No cooking. :amazed: They shipped food in from another resort. The poolside buffet was the worst tho: lukewarm pizza covered only by flies from the nearby cattle farm. That was before I joined SB tho. If I walk into something like that these days, I'll be posting a tirade about why I was not warned here.

I'd say it's unlikely that there would be "lots of kids here" at the Sabor, since it's an adult only resort... I think the Sabor used to be part of the Wyndham, but I could be wrong.

Can't say I think much of the idea of a person who has been vomiting drinking liquor though. Not really a good idea...

I'll post a report after we return, of course. :) But it's not till December. :(

I'm already familiar with Legionnaires. But I'd be interested in seeing the report that proves it's "a problem" at the Sabor...
It's been discussed here. Here are a few links, but click & read this time please. Now I could be mistake about what names the Sabor has gone by in recent years. Kayak.com lists is as Sabor Wyndham Cozumel..

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/366352-legionnaires-disease.html

Yucatan Living - Legionnaire

https://www.osac.gov/Pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=10279

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom