Which all-inclusive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want fine chow that's easily available and included SCC is great. (You may have stayed there when it had the turtle logo) Downtown square is about 10 min walk. What I like most is their great shore diving. I've heard some folks wear their BC on the plane - and stuff their pockets. Add a regulator tie and fin gloves and you're in business.

All three of those are good choices. As far as prices, I think you can do best with an air & hotel packages to Hotel Coz, especially if you use one of the common discount bonuses - then book your diving with whomever you want.

I like using my own gear, but you can probly be okay on a rented BC. Would you really save after fees tho?

this is good advice, scc will be far more exspensive because you cannot book it with a air & hotel package & is not fully all inclusive,they offer 3 meals a day package which is a lot less than all meals snaks, drinks & tips..
i carry all my equipment, and then some in 1 lg case that i check on ( no extra cost) , plus 1 personal bag & 1 sm carry on, but it don't take much for me!!!

this is good advice, scc will be far more exspensive because you cannot book it with a air & hotel package & is not fully all inclusive,they offer 3 meals a day package which is a lot less than all meals snaks, drinks & tips..
i carry all my equipment, and then some in 1 lg case that i check on ( no extra cost) , plus 1 personal bag & 1 sm carry on, but it don't take much for me!!!
Good points. My HotCoz package does include drinks and I think snacks. It says it includes tips but I doubt that's true - just keep tipping, not that I am a big tipper.

Hey, I just got a lot of mail from Dripping Springs TX. Are you involved in wind turbines?

I need a Coz getaway to cool off. It's 107 F in Lubbock now...! :eek:

Good points. My HotCoz package does include drinks and I think snacks. It says it includes tips but I doubt that's true - just keep tipping, not that I am a big tipper.

Hey, I just got a lot of mail from Dripping Springs TX. Are you involved in wind turbines?

no, i don' have a wind turbine, but there is there is plenty of wind right now to turn one, and fan all these fires!!!

I don't do alcoholic drinks, so I liked not subsidizing them for others with the AI package at SCC. The non alcoholic beverages for three of us for the week was less than $50 so the cost was not a big deal.

In fact, I don't remember much drinking of alcoholic beverages there at all. Just a few people having beer or wine with a meal.

Guess the party crowd went downtown. I am too old for that, three or four dives and I am pretty much done for the day.

I don't think you can make a really bad choice.

Jerry:

Why an all inclusive?
To try something different?

Try pinching yourself. AI is a step backwards from where you have been in the past.
Stick with "real" Mexican food not cheap buffet style, mass produced imitation.

We have been staying several times a year at HCC for many years. We have found it a very convenient location, the people there are friendly and helpful. We, like scubashine, have found the cost of the all inclusive not to be extremely higher than the non-all inclusive, so normally during our stay, we will eat breakfast (made to order omlets and Huevos rancheros made by Berta are the best..Yumm) some lunches and an occasional dinner at the hotel. We have so many other places we enjoy eating at, that normally we have dinner away from the hotel. Because the price of the all inclusive is so resonable we feel we do not have to eat there all the time, but it is nice when we're tired from diving that lunch is right there with no hassle. If you do drink, breakfast and a few drinks can make the all inclusive route even more desirable.

By the way my picture was taken at Hotel Cozumel

Thanks to all who've replied. You've given me a bunch of info. As mentioned by more than one person, we plan on doing some dinners in town, but wanted the AI more for the convenience than anything else. We are a couple of old geezers :eyebrow: (I'm 60 and my buddy is 63) so hitting the town for late nights just isn't something we plan on doing. Just kicking back after a day of diving sipping on a cold one is about as adventurous as we get.

Jerry

We've been to SCC many times over the last 14 years. We love it. We are older too, and it's very easy to have great meals without going out. We usually go out once or twice for dinner like Prima (a couple blocks walk from SCC) or Kinta (a taxi ride). If you're worried about the cost of drinks just walk down to the supermarket after you get there and stock your in room refrigerator. Scuba Club rents very good Scubapro BC's. If you're interested in shore diving, the dives off SCC are fantastic. We love to do the twilight/night dive.

Back
Top Bottom