Where's our winter viz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf:
As opposed to domesticated rat fish????
:wink:

Indeed, I am convinced that the domesticated rat fish live in Cove 2, whereas the ferral rat fish frequent what some may consider the "mean streets" of Seacrest (namely around the monolith in Cove 1).

Those ferral rat fish may seem like the cute, cuddly domestic ones, but when you are narc'd at 100 feet, and your light catches their evil dinner-plate sized eyes glaring at you in the murk, one can't help but think they are the aquatic equivalent of a pack of hienas waiting to pounce on a weak diver . . .

Lynne thinks they look like cute little puppy dogs, I think she misunderstands the horror lurking beneath their benign exterior. :)

I think they are mis-named. I think they should be called "fawn fish" because of those cute eyes and the white spots on brown background. Maybe angel fawn fish because of their angel-like fins.

Are you the lone diver that has been attacked by a pack of rat fish?

sea nmf:
Are you the lone diver that has been attacked by a pack of rat fish?

No, I don't dive solo for that precise reason. Rat fish scare me. Okay not really:D

Last weekend we had a good 20' vis at Dalco Wall, maybe 10' at the North Wall, and around 15-20' at Mile Marker 8. Lots of wolfies at Dalco.

I love ratfish. They really SHOULD be called fawnfish. They have huge, puppy-dog eyes, and they seem to like divers and follow them around tamely. Doug's got some kind of childhood trauma he's working out underwater, I think.

Viz at Edmonds today was no better than ten feet. Luckily, I'm starting to understand the site well enough to navigate when I can't see anything.

I'm really, seriously craving a dive where I can see something interesting before I ram my head into it . . . :)

TSandM:
I'm really, seriously craving a dive where I can see something interesting before I ram my head into it . . . :)

31 days from now we'll be in Nanaimo.

No comment about my childhood trauma.

TSandM:
Viz at Edmonds today was no better than ten feet. Luckily, I'm starting to understand the site well enough to navigate when I can't see anything.

It's even easier when your partner finds someone's laminated map lying in one of the boats in the boatyard on the way out...
gomi_

IMGP4260.JPG

UP-

The I-beams, and the vis doesn't look that bad . . . when was this?

Yes, that is the I-beams.

The photo was taken in 90' of water and I am about 30' away from the divers using ambient light.

As to when... that was part of the guessing game. Note the amount of light coming from the surface.

This is OE2X half way between Olive's Den and the I-beams:
IMGP4251.JPG

Back
Top Bottom