Where would your invest if you had the $$ ?

Where would you invest in property if you had the $$ to do so?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-Jay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The property market, although suffering over the last 18 months, is still a great place to put your money if you are looking for a long term investment. Can you Imagine if you had bought acreage along Tortola's coast line 20 years ago, or snapped up some beach front lots in the Bahamas? Where would you invest, today, if you had the money to do so? How long do you think before your investment would pay off? Where is the next big thing???

Jay

I'd invest my US$2 million in an LDS so I could end up with US$1 million at the end of the year.....

There is a LOT of property in Bali that is way under valued.

For me, it wouldn't be a matter of "where" I'd invest, but into "what" I'd invest in. That for me would be to further my education. I would want to pursue an eduaction in either veterinary medicine or into chemical engineering. Depending on the person, a little education can reap a lot of benefits in the long run. But to each their own.

Diver Dennis:
I am glad you think that way....

We need to talk.

:D

Diver Dennis:

I don't think Americans can buy it without a holding company?

Guam....because the military base is moving from Okinawa...rental property for military, etc. The influx over the next few years will be huge. And basically, Guam has had a depressed market the last decade.

catherine96821:
I don't think Americans can buy it without a holding company?

Guam....because the military base is moving from Okinawa...rental property for military, etc. The influx over the next few years will be huge. And basically, Guam has had a depressed market the last decade.

Good point, I'm not sure. I did just find out I can buy properties outright in the Philippines.

Diver Dennis:
Good point, I'm not sure. I did just find out I can buy properties outright in the Philippines.
you can? i didn't know that. I thought it had to be an apartment that was part of a complex, not property itself

I voted for Australia. Six years ago when I was in Cairns I thought seriously about buying a 2BR cottage there so I could live the endless summer... but diving. At that time I saw such homes going for about $50K US. Hate to think of what they're going for now. I think I missed my chance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom