Where to stay Panglao/Alona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citrinette

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Here I am trying to get as much info as possible on EVERYWHERE!
There are so many beaches, towns and dive sites! crazy stuff, its quite overwhelming.

Any ideas on budget accomodation in Panglao, it doesn't have to be Alona, athough I've heard good things about Alona. We're looking to spend about 500php (or less) a night for a cottage or bungalow.

Thanks!

Hi Citrinette

Don't know about as cheap as that, but for a little more you could stay at The Flowergarden Resort, just back from the beach, quiet, clean and cheap, with a nice pool. There is a Swiss bakery 50m. away, and you can get to the beach via the Alona Tropicals garden in 5 mins. We stayed for a week last March and will probably stay there again when we go back to Alona in July.

Good Luck

Jeff

What price do the rooms at "The Flowergarden Resort" run at more or less?

Mmmm Swiss Bakery in the mornings is nice to have nearby!

Hi Citrinette

Here is the link for the Flowergarden prices -

Welcome to Flower Garden Resort

The rooms all have a refigerator and a\c and the beers and soft drinks are ( were?) on an honesty system - you write down what you take and then pay for it at the end of they stay - the drinks are at supermarket prices as well!

Erwin and Hampi own the place and they are two really nice guys - if you go say " hello" for us - we will be back there in July.

The Swiss bakery is really authentic as well - if you buy a buerli it really tastes and looks as if you bought it in St. Gallen...................They also have German and Dutch beer and Swiss chocolate in their 'fridge.........

The pool is nice and clean and the resort generally is well looked after, not 5 star, but extremely good value.

Jeff

I always stay at Philippine Island Divers(Bohol Divers). Friendly crew. They just had a new wing built.

Citadel Alona Inn is a clean budget facility. It does however have shared bathrooms and shared kitchen facilities. It is in Tawala (Alona) across from Sun Divers. I stayed there last October for one month.

hi Jim. I will be in alona Feb 23-26. hope to finally meet up with you after missing you in dauin last June.

has anyone seen or stayed in Eskaya beach resort saw the website. looks like a very nice place. wondering how far it is from alona?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom