Where to stay Panglao/Alona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dont worry. there shouldnt be any traffic at 4am.

Thanks! So how long does it take to reach the pier?

In the article Proposed Panglao International Airport makes no Sense
"Unfortunately, transfer from Mactan Airport to the pier also takes about two hours, and requires dealing with the rather hectic traffic situation between Lapu-Lapu city and Cebu."

Does the transfer really take so long? Maybe just due to peak hour traffic? What is the non-peak hour transfer time (by cab)?
It is our 1st time to Panglao & our eta s 4+am...

Thanks!

noooo... even with the traffic, 40 minutes is actually more than enough time to reach the pier from the airport. Cebu traffic is nowhere pinky-near to Manila traffic.

Hey, seems like the Panglao International Airport is going ahead... News & Events

hi Jim. I will be in alona Feb 23-26. hope to finally meet up with you after missing you in dauin last June.

has anyone seen or stayed in Eskaya beach resort saw the website. looks like a very nice place. wondering how far it is from alona?

Too late to help you now but I stayed in the Eskaya Beach resort for one night in February. It is very upmarket, very very expensive - our room had its own infinity pool overlooking the sea. It isn't the sort of place most people would choose (or could afford) as a base for diving, although they do organise diving through a local operator. They use Baywatch, which seemed like an odd choice as they were not the most professional outfit in Alona (nice guys but their equipment wasn't in great condition - I dived with them when staying at Oops in Alona).

Anyway, if you want luxury and are willing to pay then it's great. The food is probably the best I've had in the Philippines, there are little touches like an iPod speaker with dock in each room, and the indoors/outdoors bathroom with jacuzzi is a nice touch. Not the kind of place I normally stay at all - generally I'm a dedicated budget traveller. But great for a night...

How do you compare Alona beach w/ Boracay? I've been to Boracay but not Panglao. Does Alona have different restaurants within the area (like Boracay from station 1 to 3?) offering affordable to fancy foods? Does it have a nightlife as well or it's quite compared to Boracay at night?

make sure you check out the beach @ Bohol Beach Club which is just a 15mins van ride from Alona. I swear they have the best beach in Bohol. It is exactly how Boracay would look like back in the 80s'. The sand there is as WHITE and as FINE as what one can find in Boracay, only minus the garbage and the HOARD!

What's more, it's also as WIDE and as LONG(3.5 km for BBC I think)as the beach in Bora. You swim 100m out and it's still knee-deep. :14::14:

They also have some nice snorkeling/dive spots right off the beach!

the diving right in front of BBC is nice. The resort is not that bad, but I found the food horrible (for the price you pay to stay there)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom