Where to stay Panglao/Alona?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi Jim. I will be in alona Feb 23-26. hope to finally meet up with you after missing you in dauin last June.

has anyone seen or stayed in Eskaya beach resort saw the website. looks like a very nice place. wondering how far it is from alona?

I passed by Eskaya, it's a bit of a drive from where I was staying (Bohol Divers).

is that near bohol beach club already?

sorry jigs...can't really remember.

no prob marv. firing off an email to them now.

edit: just noticed that the price is one decimal point above my range.

I think it's more of a spa and not somewhere you'd go to dive. Somewhere along Alona is still the best place to go. That's why i like going to Bohol Divers, the dive shop's only a few steps from where you're staying. Hmmm...and they've got a pretty receptionist too. Although that's never been a criteria for me...hehehe.

How do you compare Alona beach w/ Boracay? I've been to Boracay but not Panglao. Does Alona have different restaurants within the area (like Boracay from station 1 to 3?) offering affordable to fancy foods? Does it have a nightlife as well or it's quite compared to Boracay at night?

BORACAY AND ALONA ....... NIGHT vs. DAY........APPLES / ORANGES
Boracay is PARTY CENTRAL whereas Alona is more of a laid back family atmosphere (in most places).

Yeah, BabyD nailed it in the head. No one really goes to Boracay to dive, you'll be too busy walking from Station 1 to 2 and partying all night.

Alona is laid back, no loud music, not much people, the beach isn't crowded...paradise for me. Unfortunately, they're building an international airport in Panglao, which means this may change in a couple of years time.

Yeah, BabyD nailed it in the head. No one really goes to Boracay to dive, you'll be too busy walking from Station 1 to 2 and partying all night.

Alona is laid back, no loud music, not much people, the beach isn't crowded...paradise for me. Unfortunately, they're building an international airport in Panglao, which means this may change in a couple of years time.

What?? Paradise will be gone soon???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom