Where to stay in the keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure of the requirements for the original poster to stay however;

I was recently in the keys, and stopped in at the key west in and the rooms were nice, on the waterway and close to some resteraunts and dive shops. I wouldnt mind staying there myself.

I have also stayed in hawks cay and it was nice as well.

Anywhere you stay in the keys you are going to be near a dive shop etc.

I have stayed in some crappy places in the keys and I would not say that the key west in wasnt nice. Im sure you can find some great acommidations of course anywhere just look for what you are into and expect to be treated according to the type of place that you choose.

As for nitrox mixes I dont know what anyone is speaking of. All divers if you are certified to dive nitrox should always check their mixes no matter what. I check pressure and air mixes on all of my tanks whether they are listed as nitrox or not.

Sounds like there are some personal issues here that everyone needs to take to PM or workout in person.

I have a couple problems with some dive boats that I have been on and some crews etc. I dont personally bash them on a public forum, I just dont dive with them, and when it comes to a recommendation I just dont mention their names.

[sic] (I guess you meant to say "accommodations")

grammar-nazi.jpg

reply removed

Last edited:
thanks for the responses. Im new to SB and it does annoy me when people go off-topic. I will look into the places that were mentioned and contact speargirl. Thanks!

Yeah, but then he'd be meeting expectations, wouldn't he? :wink:

That would be overachieving. Come on guys, he's made it clear he's an underachiever; adjust your expectations accordingly. :D

Please forgive me.:shocked2: But at least I spelled it correctly.:cool2:

And about the "underachiever" part. Hope you understand "under" on a scuba diving forum :wink:

:popcorn:

Please forgive me.:shocked2: But at least I spelled it correctly.:cool2:

And about the "underachiever" part. Hope you understand "under" on a scuba diving forum :wink:

:popcorn:

Keep it up and you'll earn the title of "NAZI" by :sblogo:

GESTAPO:homealone::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

"Under," as in "underwater"? Now I get it! Oh, that is clever! :rofl3:

If the OP is still lurking about....My wife and I have spent a lot of time in Marathon over the past few years, and have used Florida Keys Real Estate & Vacation Rentals at American Caribbean of the Middle Keys with great success! I've worked with Leslie and Bonnie, and both are pretty good at finding what you need...and sometimes, they have great specials!

Sometimes it felt that renting a place as opposed to a hotel was better, especially since the dive gear took up a lot of space in the small room...with a condo, there may be a garage or secure patio area to hang and store stuff...just my 2 cents....

Operators? I've used Captain Hooks, Tildens, and Abyss in Marathon...all three are pretty good, safe, and inexpensive!

Good luck!

Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort in Key Largo...Clean, affordable, and you are already at the boat.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom