Where to stay in the keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, btw...to keep "on topic"

I once stayed in Ocean Pointe Suites (not sure if that is considered Islamorada or Traverneir...Taverneir, whatver). Depending on which building/room you get, it can have some very nice views. It's also got a full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.

http://www.opsuites.com/

It was one of the "go-to" hotels for ScubaBoard Invade The Keys I-IV

Ocean Pointe Suites treated me really well. You can call them and they will offer good packages and connections. Em and Debby have good taste. They turned me on to OP Suites. They are roomy, well kept, and have beautiful grounds. They have 1, 2, or 3 bedroom suites and all are really nice.
The price is anywhere from 125.-200 a night. You may get a better deal also, depending on your stay dates.

Nobody has mentioned Marriott Key Largo Bay Resort - Florida Keys Hotel which I think perfectly fits the OP's request. They have a highly recommended dive shop right on the premises, they have a beach which is great for sunsets, a nice pool, restaurant, bar, they could literally park the car and never move it if they wished. Close to everything, great restaurants, etc. I used to live in the 'hood directly across from the Marriott and I chose that mile marker for three things: location, location, location. Truly, close to everything and not in the crowded MM100 area. We used to walk across OverSeas Highway with adult beverages to watch sunset from the Marriott and it was really delightful. You will see beachside weddings just about every weekend there. It's that lovely.

There are two ways to dive, budget and on the cheap, or comfortable and safe.

Not always true. For instance, Captain's Corner in Key West is the least expensive op in KW going to the Vandy and they're very comfortable and safe.

The problem with cheap is when the dive op is too cheap to maintain their boat and/or safety procedures.

So; I gues iff I tiped and mad erors a lot, peeple would be really maddd here?
DEE, for heaven's sakes, can't you remember that this is SpellingBoard? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The problem with cheap is when the dive op is too cheap to maintain their boat and/or safety procedures.
My point exactly. :wink:

DEE, for heaven's sakes, can't you remember that this is SpellingBoard? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

My point exactly. :wink:

Oooooh. That's right, we have nothing better to do than be pretentious in cyberspace. My bad.:D

Check out the rates for Hawk's Cay. It's a really nice joint and there is a dive boat right there...Dive Duck Key. It's at MM 65 so its about 10 miles from Marathon and 10 from Islamorada.

Capt. Ed is right. My dive club goes down there to stay and dive every summer and if it wasn't nice, they wouldn't keep going back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom