Where the F*** can we get in the water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Feel free to hit up my lake in Orange Co NY...viz is about 3 feet and avg depth if 7 feet :)

And it’s gone. Which makes sense, a group dive like that wouldn’t work on many levels.

I was wondering if that would happen.

I heard on the news yesterday that the RI State police have setup a check point on the Newport bridge for out of staters. I get the sense the RI will be opened only to RI'ers on Friday.

I heard on the news yesterday that the RI State police have setup a check point on the Newport bridge for out of staters. I get the sense the RI will be opened only to RI'ers on Friday.
It is what it is... The road construction in Stonington is finished. With my newly found flex scheduling, I will probably do a shake down dive there one morning next week. If everyone shows up at the same time, the town will probably shut it down to outsiders.

Just skimmed Maine's order re gradual reopening and it looks like July 1 is the first date for "visitors" to travel and stay in ME with a mandatory 14 day self quarantine permitting stays in hotels and camping. Not sure how traveling to ME and camping and staying hotels and a 14 day self quarantine is going to work. In any event I am guessing from what ME is proposing, July 1 will be the earliest for RI. Rhode Island Parks website should be updated soon on any openings and of any lessening of restrictions. If warmer weather next week after this weekend's snow, I may try our local lake.

Just skimmed Maine's order re gradual reopening and it looks like July 1 is the first date for "visitors" to travel and stay in ME with a mandatory 14 day self quarantine permitting stays in hotels and camping. Not sure how traveling to ME and camping and staying hotels and a 14 day self quarantine is going to work. In any event I am guessing from what ME is proposing, July 1 will be the earliest for RI. Rhode Island Parks website should be updated soon on any openings and of any lessening of restrictions. If warmer weather next week after this weekend's snow, I may try our local lake.

I posted a link a page back on the opening rules for RI State Parks, check it out if you like.

Rhode Island State Parks So Ft W and Ft Adams as well as other parks open tomorrow. New rules spelled out for parks under phase 1. I think out of state visitors though still not welcome during phase 1, but not certain about that. AfterDark may know.

. . . it looks like travelers from other states still subject to 14 day home quarantine rules which would mean among other things not going to state parks for diving, at least that is the way it reads to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom