Where not to moor your boat and leave it unattended for half an hour.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They had dive flags out, maybe they were diving there?

I thought about that. Of course I would have taken a quick look around to see if there were any divers underwater within a reasonable distance to the boat. But in this situation, if they were diving, they really should have someone topside.

Hi Chuck,

I'm pretty sure you already know this but you can actually call the harbor master and he will take care of it. I'm not honestly sure how long the turn around time is but I am willing to bet a soda that it will be pretty darn quick.

In fact this weekend they are already aware of the possible issues and will have more boots on the ground to deal with it.

Number is 831.646.5674

You've got nothing better to do than to stand around and take pictures of dive boats and complain. I have been bringing my boat to Monterey for the past 19 years. Divers have always parked along the dock when the side dock has been full.

You've got nothing better to do than to stand around and take pictures of dive boats and complain. I have been bringing my boat to Monterey for the past 19 years. Divers have always parked along the dock when the side dock has been full.

The only problem with that statement is that those three inflatables were the only boats on the dock when Chuck and I both pulled up to the dock (same time, but different boats). Phil pulled in behind me on the outside a few minutes later. They have no excuse for parking there other than they were too lazy to carry their tanks the extra 50 feet down the dock to get refills, if you call that an excuse.

It's called Social Responsibility. Something these folks are clearly oblivious to.

The harbormaster's number is (and has been for a long time) a speed dial
on my cell phone. I'd hoped to resolve this without getting somebody a
citation, and do a little prevention.

I don't like moving somebody else's boat.

BW ramp was funded by State of California (and maybe some local funds),
run by City of Monterey. No federal involvement.

Jon has it exactly right: pure lazyness.

Divers have always parked along the dock when the side dock has been full.

Divers do moor along the dock. But it's a long dock and folks who are going to stay awhile need to pull their boat to the very end, if not around to the other side. Being considerate of the other users of the facility is common sense. I'm sure the folks who docked there would not have liked it if they came back and wanted to pull their boats, only to be blocked by people doing exactly what they did earlier. Especially since there was plenty of room to moor elsewhere. BTW I'm the one who came in after Chuck.

Back
Top Bottom