Where do you wear you computer?

Where is your Computer/Bottom Timer Located?

• No Computer or Bottom Timer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intergrated in Console

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Right Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Right Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Left Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Left Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Clipped on my BC

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Somewhere else ...

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Many divers use computers, but where do you have yours placed? Is it on the wrist - if so which wrist and is it becasue your right handed that you wear it on the left wrist?

Or do you have an intergrated computer or maybe you attach it to you BC?

Or something else?

If you use only a bottom timer and table please tell us where that bottom timmer is :)

Vyper - Right wrist
SK7 - Left wrist

I can see the Vyper while scootering, and still put the compass into a usable position. All of the information I need is right there.

During ascent, same thing. My left hand is on the inflator or butt-dump, and I can watch my ascent rate. During a night dive, same thing except I can hold my light and inflator with my left hand and shine the light on the Vyper.

If I were left handed, it would be interesting... I'd be more prone to operating the scooter with my left hand, which would require a reversal of the gauges, but the inflator would still be on the left side.
Nahh... no problem. I frequently operate my inflator with my right hand if I've got my light trained on a big lobster and I just need a slight dump/puff.

I do wear my wristwatch on my left arm.

Going up the arm
Citizen Eco Drive Watch
Uwatec Bottom Timer
Uwatec Air Z 02

I am left handed so I wear my slate and deco tables on my right arm

through the computer loop, then connect the inflator. I don't look at it very often, except when I'm deep enough that I need to keep a close eye on depth & time, so it's fine for me there. I can usually see it anyhow just by glancing to my left...if not, I can grab the inflator to get a better angle.

I've seen 2 divers lose computers while trying to put them on their wrists on the boat.....blooop!....it goes as it falls into the water & plummits into the abyss.

The only real drawback is if you disconnect your LP inflator for some reason & forget you have a computer there, you'll lose it. After I do that for the first time & lose an EXPENSIVE computer, I'll probably hook/connect it in some way as a failsafe. (The one I have now is a cheap model & I found it anyhow, so it's free...but has some toothmarks in it...labrador retrievers love to chew on expensive plastic things....so if I lose it, then I'll have an excuse to get a good one.)
:)

I inherited my computer from my wife and really dont have much use for all the fancies of it except that it is nice to know the temp water I am diving in addition to depth and such on one guage that reads out. I still use my analoge rig to, but that will be changing by next year when I take the nitrox and deep dive course to fill out my advanced diving skills classes.

Soggy once bubbled...
Vyper on right arm, compass on left wrist.

I can watch ascents while my left arm is up in the air dump air from my drysuit and wing.

The same here, the only difference - I don't dive drysuit, yet :)

khel

I wear my computer on my left wrist.... although it means that I take my eyes of my depth momentarily while venting my wing. But, I'm right handed and my computer would get banged up when I am reaching underneath rocks for bugs... But it is also a Mares M1 and they are pretty bulky, I suppose that is the price I pay for being able to use AAA's rather than sending it in for battery changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom