Where do you wear you computer?

Where is your Computer/Bottom Timer Located?

• No Computer or Bottom Timer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intergrated in Console

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Right Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Right Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Left Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Left Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Clipped on my BC

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Somewhere else ...

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a "keep it simple" kinda diver. I have an air integrated Cobra with compass attachment tethered to my BCD in such a position as I can see it all the time. Nothing on either arm, not even a watch. Everything I need to know is in the computer/compass.
:shades:

so I wear the one I look at most (Suunto Vyper) on the right wrist, compass bungied on the back of the left hand (easier to navigate/see), and a Cobra clipped off to the left chest d-ring. Just turn it a bit while leaving it clipped off to check pressure.
Bren still has her compass on her cobra, and misquito on the right wrist. She says its a lot of trouble to navigate with it on the cobra and wants to change to a wrist mount compass.

tony

Right handed
Computer on right wrist, Compass on left wrist. During an ascent I can monitor speed while my left hand is on the inflator.

I wear mine on my right wrist. During ascents I hold the deflator hose over my head with my left hand.
With the computer on my right arm I can read it during ascents and safety stops.

I have two computers a Vyper and a Cobra each are on seperate regs. Both are in a console which I secure with a bolt snap to my BC. I mount my compass to either console depending on need and use at the time. I'm right handed but I wear my watch on my right wrist. I use a Citzen Hyper Aqualand as a backup timer and depth guage.

Left wrist

I like to night dive so I wear my Vyper and SK7 both on my left arm (I'm right handed).

This way I can navigate and maintain my depth at the same time. Otherwise, it is hard notice if my depth is changing while following a heading....

I also have the Vyper console, from time to time I compare the wrist unit to the console. If one is way off, I use the other one while ascending.

Uwatec Bottom Timer on right wrist.
SK7 Compass on left wrist.

The depth gauge/computer on the right wrist allows it to be monitored on a regular basis. The left arm/hand is used
to add or dump air from your wings or BC so it makes a lot of sense to have the
gauge on your right wrist so that depth
can be monitored while buoyancy is being modified particularly during ascents and descents.

Marc Hall

I like my comp on my left wrist, feels natural and kinda' like having a watch on the surface. Yeah it's most likely coz' I'm right-handed that it feels "RIGHT" to have the comp on the left :) Bad pun....:wink:

I wish though someone would invent a teency weency instrument that serves as dive comp, pressure gauge, depth gauge and whatever else. Key is having it REALLY small so that it doesn't create drag and can be comfortably secured to the body. Existing ones today are still HUGE and costly too..
Something for my wishlist :amazed:

Can I jump in with a question? The owner of my LDS, who sells both wrist and console computers, is passionate about NOT using a wrist mount because too many of his customers have lost them when something stresses one of the holding pins and - boom- goodbye computer.
I ask because I'd like to migrate to a wrist mount, which just seems more natural a place to be glancing at my air, etc. Does anyone here use a lanyard over the wrist in addition to the wristband?
For that matter, does anyone here think my dealer's just plain wrong about it being a risk?

p.s. Do you wear these things over your wetsuit and gloves? Are the wristbands long enough for that?

Back
Top Bottom