Question Computer battery changing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP

1070man

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Shearwater Perdix 2 and a Sherwood Wisdom 3 I use as a backup. Wondering how often everyone changes their batteries in their computer (and transmitter when applicable)? I know alot depends on how much you dive, but as a general rule, do you change yours when it shows low or maybe you do it at the start of dive season?

Just wanting to get some ideas. Here in VA, unless I go away on a trip, dive season for me is typically May through October.

Thanks for your input.
Brian

Whats an N2 status?
Nitrogen loading. What your computer tracks for repetitive dives. It’s very important for that to be retained when you change batteries if you’re doing repetitive diving over multiple days.

I replace the batteries in our Perdix's and their transmitters approximately annually regardless of the battery indicators. We carry fresh batteries as backups on trips. I also freshly lube their o-rings.

For the computers, I change them when they indicate the need to be changed. For the transmitters, I change them annually. Most likely more often than needed, but the batteries and o-rings are cheap enough that I’d rather change than guess.

Started with Saft, Perdix but with forgery talk and two arriving dead it's been Energizer lithium all the way
Don't know when I change them or how long they last, as those gigs of ram are required for other things

I still use SAFTs and get around 90-95 hours of diving time with a new battery in both my Petrel 2 and Perdix. I don't use transmitters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom