Where do you wear you computer?

Where is your Computer/Bottom Timer Located?

• No Computer or Bottom Timer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intergrated in Console

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Right Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • Right Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Left Wrist - Left Handed

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Left Wrist - Right Handed

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Clipped on my BC

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Somewhere else ...

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffMandell once bubbled...
Can I jump in with a question? The owner of my LDS, who sells both wrist and console computers, is passionate about NOT using a wrist mount because too many of his customers have lost them when something stresses one of the holding pins and - boom- goodbye computer.
I ask because I'd like to migrate to a wrist mount, which just seems more natural a place to be glancing at my air, etc. Does anyone here use a lanyard over the wrist in addition to the wristband?
For that matter, does anyone here think my dealer's just plain wrong about it being a risk?

p.s. Do you wear these things over your wetsuit and gloves? Are the wristbands long enough for that?
Some people replace the entire band with bungies.

JeffMandell once bubbled...
Can I jump in with a question? The owner of my LDS, who sells both wrist and console computers, is passionate about NOT using a wrist mount because too many of his customers have lost them when something stresses one of the holding pins and - boom- goodbye computer.
I ask because I'd like to migrate to a wrist mount, which just seems more natural a place to be glancing at my air, etc. Does anyone here use a lanyard over the wrist in addition to the wristband?
For that matter, does anyone here think my dealer's just plain wrong about it being a risk?

p.s. Do you wear these things over your wetsuit and gloves? Are the wristbands long enough for that?

I use the Oceanic Versa (should of been the Pro, but thats a different story). It has no pins...just a rubber strap with a "cup" that hold the computer. The only time it has gotten close to being lost is the first dive I did. I did not tighten the strap enough to comensate for the "squeeze" of the drysuit.

Jeff

I've recovered my buddies Mosquito twice due to him getting 'excited' and scraping it off on something. I keep waiting for him to do it with his Nitek He which may, mysteriously, not be recovered :)

I was wearing a Nitek Plus on each wrist, and using the RH one as primary. I think I'm going to switch to carrying both on the right wrist and trying to squeeze a compass onto my left wrist next to my slate (wish me luck on that one).

To me the versatility of having the computer(s) on the wrist is worth the possibility of having to replace them once in a while if they do get lost.

OK, I understand that some people bungee their computers onto their wrists. Buy I haven't seen it very often when I've been out diving. Do the rest of you do anything else to protect the computer?
And, do you strap the thing over your sleeve and glove so you can see it each time you get in the water?

Atticus once bubbled...
I've recovered my buddies Mosquito twice due to him getting 'excited' and scraping it off on something. I keep waiting for him to do it with his Nitek He which may, mysteriously, not be recovered :)

WOW.....I've got the Mosquito and the strap is so secure I can't imagine how it could possibly come off whilst diving!

Your buddy must have been really excited....a voluptous mermaid sighting perhaps???

:wink:

I use a stinger on my right wrist. Allows me to watch my vitals as I ascend with inflator in left hand.

I put mine on my right wrist, because my Dive watch is on my left wrist:D.

:cool:

...HATED IT! Had my Aeris Pro and compass on one side, and my SPG on the back. Was CONSTANTLY flipping it back and forth, dragging against the retractor. Bought wrist boots for the computer and compass and moved computer to my left wrist by cutting the console apart. Boot for the compass was too small to go over my drysuit wrist, so I adapted it to stretchcord attachment and wear it on my right wrist. SPG, now is on the retractor clipped to my lower left D ring and hangs where I can see it without having to grab a hold of it. WORKS! Was at the dive shop the other day, and found a boot for the SPG, but didn't pick it up. Will when I get down there the next time, to provide a little protection to the SPG case, with a place to connect the retractor.

frankenmuth_tom once bubbled...
SPG, now is on the retractor clipped to my lower left D ring and hangs where I can see it without having to grab a hold of it. WORKS!

Where is your "lower left D ring"? I do something the DIR guys will probably roast me for and keep my SPG clipped to my left shoulder D ring so I can see it without unclipping it. When I put it on my left hip I am forever operating the clip... :idea:

... upper right, lower right, upper left and lower left. Because I rigged my backplate straps with a buckle on the left shoulder, so I can get out of it with a bit less fuss (really not a DIR rig....really) my left lower D ring is a ways down on the strap, below the buckle. Works for me!

I'm NOT a DIR guy, but when I saw a fellow in a backplate rig the first time, I knew I had to have one, as it just made so much sense to me, the way it was all rigged and how well it seemed to work. So I have adapted the rig to work the best for me and the type of diving that I do.

Hope this was a help...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom