Where do you keep your DIN regulator cap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I now am the proud owner of a pair of HP120's and need to deal with keeping that DIN cap for my first stage handy.

I fear leaving it loose will mean it's early loss.

How do you keep it handy (and safe) ?

I have a small dry box for my wallet and phone that I take in boat dives and will usually toss the caps in there. For shore dives I'll just toss them in my trunk. I've also just tossed them loose in my milk crate on boat trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screwed to the HP plug and in a gear box. This keeps it safe, dry, and not-so-handy. This is one of the downsides of DIN for use on Scuba. As most people know, DIN is a European industrial gas design selected by early adaptors for cylinders pressures above the yoke clamp limit.

I generally take my gear to the dive site in a Stanley tool trunk. I have a couple of ziptie loops set up inside the trunk, onto which I clip my gauges for transport. When I take the DIN cap off my reg, it goes on that loop and stays with the trunk. If, for some reason, I haven't packed in the trunk (for example, going on a charter boat, where we use gear bags) the DIN cap gets attached to the gear bag.

Reactions: Jax
they hang in the back of the suv on little hooks that i think are supposed to support a cargo cover.

I don't use the caps. I just roll up the regs and put them in their reg bags when I'm finished diving.
There's now significant water to worry about getting in the regs, so I don't bother with the caps.

+1 on the Stanley rolling tool box.

I just throw them into my dive bin. Same goes for the tank plugs I use. Then retrieve them when needed. If you use a reg bag, then that is a great place to store them.

I usually assemble the tanks, wing, plate, regulators at home, then move the rig to my car, and drive to dive site. And when I am done, I take the while thing home before disaseembling it. So my din cap just stay at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom