Where do you attach your whistle and how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skinsfan1311

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my first new BC. (Zeagle Stiletto) I was messing around with it and figuring out where to mount stuff.(whistle, SMB & shears) I think I know where to put the shears and SMB, but I'm not sure about the whistle. I'm thinking near the end of my inflator hose, but I'm not sure how. Suggestions, please? Thanks

I have a d-ring inside my BC pocket and my whistle has a clip on the end of it.

Mine is on the fill tube for my BC. Attached with a zip tie.

Put your BC on and bring the inflator hose around in front of your face. You can attach the whistle to the inflator hose with a zip tie where the hose touches your mouth. It's out of the way but easily accessible there.

I attached mine on the end of my LPI, on the back side of it with a zip tie. I had it attached to a D-ring on the left hand side, but I found I had a difficult time reaching for it when I had all my gear on. This way having it on my LPI, I can easily get to it without having to strain to reach for it.

Mine is attached to a Dring at the chest which is easily reached without removing it

My whistle is on a small brass "key ring" and this ring is zip tied to my corrugated hose for my BC. To find the best place, put your BC on and bring the low pressure inflator up to your mouth, the best place is just an inch or two up the hose. Make sure you position the whistle so when you are in the water it will point toward your mouth should you need it. I have seen lots of divers with whistles that would require the agility of an olympic gymnast to actually use without removing their BC.

Mark Vlahos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom