HOG Hybrid Pro BCD: How to attach pockets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DougD72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys and gals,

I have a new HOG Hybrid Pro BCD. I bought a large utility pocket and the SMB spool pocket to use with it. It has a standard two inch strap with space on either side to attach both pockets. However I cant for the life of me figure out how Im supposed to unthread the waist strap in order to route them through the pockets.

As you can see in this video:

it uses a standard middle buckle on either side. Each strap is capped or at the end has sewn into it a black plastic D-ring/Pull tab. I cant fit that plastic D ring through the buckles in order to unstrap the waist band so I can add the two accessory pockets.

I feel like I must be missing something obvious but cant figure out what it is. Help me! If any of you own this BCD and have added the utility or SMB pockets to the waist/cummerbund area how did you do it?

Can you push the entire buckle through the loops on the pockets?

Can you push the entire buckle through the loops on the pockets?
No because there is a secondary plastic strap retention loop sewn onto the BCD at each edge of the cummerbund holding the straps. Also even if that wasnt there, the main belly band buckle is to large to fit through the straps on the back of either pocket.

I might attach further pictures.....that will help clarify.

See attached pictures.

1. Buckle won't feed back through plastic retention ring or first vertical fabric strap.
2. Due to sewn on plastic D ring tab to end of belly band strap, you can't feed it through buckle either.
1000007357.jpg
1000007358.jpg

Unthread the plastic buckle?

Unthread the plastic buckle?
You can't. If you look at the pictures I uploaded above the thing labeled "this plastic tab" is to thick to be threaded through buckle.

I like the XS Scuba Highland pockets that have a sturdy velcro attachment system. It is easy to put a pocket on webbing without rerigging the harness.

You can have different pockets loaded with different items depending on the dive and swap them in seconds.

Attachments

• HL220-Highland-Tempest-Pocket-4.jpg
    HL220-Highland-Tempest-Pocket-4.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 17
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom