Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a numberpad on the driver's side door that I enter a code and it will unlock the door. Therefore I don't need to bring a key with me on my dive. Before I used to keep the keyless in my undergarment pocket.

I tuck my spare key under my wetsuit a few inches past my wrist.

(reviving this thread)

Has anyone considered/used a "hitch safe" that slides into a trailer hitch receiver?

I have. But I'm not willing to spend $70 or a lock that will only work on a 2" receiver and not my other vehicles.

A cheaper option is the MasterLock that you can put keys in.

$25 bucks at Home Depot.

or cheaper from Amazon

Amazon.com: Master Lock Select Access Key Storage Box with Set-Your-Own Combination Lock #5400D: Home Improvement

41VQXJW03XL._SL500_AA280

c1_2.JPG
5400feature_on.jpg

I use one of these. Ikelite's been making them for decades. Guaranteed to 300 ft. I put my key and remote inside screw it shut put it in a BC pocket.
ACCESSORY CASE

I take my truck key off ring and place in pocket on BCD. Very small pocket nothing else in it (Oceanic Excursion). My dive buddies leave their keys then in my truck. If I lose my key we are in trouble....lol

Back
Top Bottom