Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once at the beginning of the 2005 dive seaon, I absent mindedly took my keys, along with keyless remote, with me on the dive. People told me to take it all apart and let it dry (use hairdryer, etc). But, I just put it back in my pocket, and it still works fine.

Usually, when I don't forget I put my keys inside the gas cap cover. Anyways, who's going to steal a Buick? I'm fairly confident there's no organized gang of Buick theives and what kid would steal a Buick. He'd end up being the laughing stock of all his friends. I can hear all his friends saying "Hey, is that your Dad's car......" followed by boisterous laughter.

On the next vehicle you buy, make sure it has a keypad on the door for keyless entry. I keep an extra key somewhere on my truck and I take only the door key with me on a string or necklace around my neck. I also have a slim-jim strapped to the inside of my frame under the truck. I would have to screw up pretty bad to get locked out of my vehicle, but trust me, if it can be done, I can do it. Murphy is my brother.

I used to keep my spare key clipped inside my BC pocket (dealer told me it would be OK redardless of depth, so far true) but once I had everyones lunch in my car and some finished their dive before we did and they were sitting there waiting somewhat impatiently for their food. Now I have a heavy duty magnetic key holder that I put in the same spot every dive so friends can get into my car if they need to. Plus now they can get to my first aid equipment, etc if they need it when I am in the water.

Inside the front bumper, under the car next to a tire or inside my gas cap door

Love the Keyless entry on my old 1999 Ford Explorer! Makes for PERFECT Dive solution!

I use it daily! I work at a Prison, where I already have to carry enough keys, so I leave my car keys hidden inside (locked) so unlikely I'd forget combnination and recently gotten family members and dive buddies to also memorize combo so in event I don't surface they can have ride home! (better not leave me!)

mheaster:
Love the Keyless entry on my old 1999 Ford Explorer! Makes for PERFECT Dive solution!

I use it daily! I work at a Prison, where I already have to carry enough keys, so I leave my car keys hidden inside (locked) so unlikely I'd forget combnination and recently gotten family members and dive buddies to also memorize combo so in event I don't surface they can have ride home! (better not leave me!)

Thats awesome. Car manufacturers should come out with a Scuba Package w/ keyless entry, waterproof seats, integrated cyclinder racks.......

I tried using one of those supposedly water tight boxes on a 127' dive. It came up full of water. I think they're more intended for helping a bit on a boat.

What I do instead is keep the key (plus my health insurance and DAN card) inside three layers of plastic zipper sandwich bags. Works pretty well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom