Where are your car keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tingkka

Registered
Reaction score
When i go shore diving, i have to tuck my car key somewhere safe. I usually take the key off the key ring and put it in the key holder provided behind my wetsuit.

but out of curiosity, those who do majority of diving via shore, where do you put your car keys? and especially for those that have the new electronic keys (mercedes and etc.), where do you put your key? i'm sure no one here goes diving with electronic keyless entry remote...right?

who hides their keys in the tire hub cap? or anywhere near the car, for that matter?

thanks for responding...i was just wondering how i should better store my keys.

I hide my key on the vehicle. Firstly, I'm too lazy to take it off the ring and stow it in my wetsuit, and if I'm in my drysuit I don't want to have to strip down before I get to my key. Also I don't want to strand my passengers if I'm the last one back

Of course one could have TWO keys. Now there's a novel idea!

Dennis

Attached to my shorts i wear under my wetsuit, although i really should put it somewhere else to get at it easier (like in a pocket). One tip, rinse your key in fresh water prior to using it to open your car if you are diving saltwater - saves your locks :wink:

I know people who hide it under the bumper, in the exhaust pipe or on top of a wheel/under the wheel arch, others hide it in an item of clothing that they leave near the shore - i dont like these hiding places myself.

I hide mine in front lower cowling behind a foglight

I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck. Just clip the key to the clasp and its easy to get to when I get out of the water.

hermosadive:
I wear mine on a lanyard around my neck. Just clip the key to the clasp and its easy to get to when I get out of the water.

In my glove. Gets a bit annoying if the metal end gets stuck in one of the fingers though. Tried it in the pocket of my trunks, but stripping down 1/2 way in winter to get back in the car between dives convinced me a better was was required :)

nick

what about those water tight cases? you know the ones in CC size. Could they take the pressure of a deep dive?

I purchased an additional key that is always attached to my BC. that way I don't shut the trunk to my car and remember as I head down to the beach, oops, I forgot to take the key off. Conversly, after i have changed back to my street clothes, I don't have to worry about leaving the key on my BC as they are already in my pocket.

If you have an electronic key, you need to hide your key inside the car of your dive buddies less technical car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom