When you gotta go you gotta go...right? ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun:
Hi my name is Kim and I pee in my wetsuit :D

Hi Kim. We love you Kim.

Divin'Hoosier:
At the end of our OW certification dives, after we left the water my daughter absolutely bolted for the porta pots. As we spoke on the way home I found out that all she had to do was "#1". The thought of simply going in the wetsuit never crossed her mind. Of course it had crossed mine ... several times! When I mentioned simply going in the wetsuit, I could see the revulsion in her eyes change to a sudden "Oh Yeah" when I mentioned that the fish have to go somewhere! But then again, this is the same child who was 17 before she could get herself to squat and pee in the woods!

Aah, I remember those desperate panicked dashes to the dive shop loo during my OW, as it never even occurred to me to relieve myself in the rented wetsuit. I was such a well brought up girl back then, how things change, eh? :wink:

Just to lower the tone further... have any instructors / DM's here got any cringe-worthy stories about the *other* number rearing its ugly head? (lol) That is just too awful to imagine, but I bet it happened somewhere at some time!

Wait, you're supposed to pee in the wetsuit AFTER you put it on? No wonder everyone on the boat seemed so upset...

A

Masterfish, stop by your LDS or the cleaning department of your grocery. They carry products to take care of the stink. Some are enzymes, some are just smell good, but again - it's just rubber. Rinse, wash, sanitize.

Okay, my Urologist is a diver and I see him this afternoon, as do men my age do at times to stay healthy. I'll get his opinion. :wink:

Just to lower the tone further... have any instructors / DM's here got any cringe-worthy stories about the *other* number rearing its ugly head? (lol) That is just too awful to imagine, but I bet it happened somewhere at some time!
Yeah, that one is discussed at times. It's best to make other arrangements.

I see you changed your Avatar last night. Very nice. :thumb:

Are any sea creatures drawn to urine...? Particularly those you might not want to attract, like sharks? (Say of course you are diving in a shark-rich environment) I'm sure somebody told me this once, ...or maybe that was one of my crazy dreams! (I have a lot of crazy dreams about sharks) :p

Sirenita:
Warhammer PM sent... you all know the one. :klo:

Sirenita:
Are any sea creatures drawn to urine...? Particularly those you might not want to attract, like sharks? (Say of course you are diving in a shark-rich environment) I'm sure somebody told me this once, ...or maybe that was one of my crazy dreams! (I have a lot of crazy dreams about sharks) :p

I can't speak about salt water, but I've heard of the Candiru fish- a fairly small fish in the Amazon that is attracted to urine and is designed to lodge itself in places that the sun doesn't shine and cause pain and suffering. The fish is real, but the dangers to humans might be exaggerated.

Back
Top Bottom