When you gotta go you gotta go...right? ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, it's perfectly normal.

One reason is immersion diuresis (sp?). Essentially your body senes the cold, even if you are seemingly comfortable you are always diving in an energy depleting state. As a survival means your body moves fluids to your core. Your body recognizes a high fluid content in your core and your kidneys go into high gear. Next thing you know you have that need for relief. I find that it can come upon you suddenly as soon as you go vertical during or at the end of a dive. As you end a shore or boat dive floating or standing vertically you may want to take inventory and relax for a moment before getting out. I'm not a doctor so take my explanation FWIW.

This same phenomenon is one reason why hydration is so important to divers.

Pete

Here's a little explanation from the DAN website, but it is pretty much as Pete explained.

NadMat:
there are two kinds of divers, those who admit to peeing in their wetsuits, and those who won't admit that they do. :wink:

Need to add another - those of us that use drysuits and therefore cant.

I have never pee'd in my wetsuit...but I have pee'd in one I borrowed...you don't think the person I borrowed it from pee'd in it do you...oh crap...but that's another subject

Just be sure and drink plenty of water so the color and odor doesn't give you away. If you tinkle in a rental suit and they find out, "urine" a gush of trouble! Doh! Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week! :D

:yelclap:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom