When you gotta go you gotta go...right? ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got yelled at for peeing in a wetsuit during my OW certification. Granted, it was sitting in my friends dive bag at the time, but still....

Sorry. Couldn't help it.

Stop me if you heard this before...

There are two types of divers... :D

I actually use this phrase in every single OW class I teach. Some want to know why I don't provide a wetsuit!

spacemanspiff1974:
I got yelled at for peeing in a wetsuit during my OW certification. Granted, it was sitting in my friends dive bag at the time, but still....

Sorry. Couldn't help it.
HAHA, hey wait....... your the one that gets confused and keeps spitting in your wetsuit and peeing in your mask!:D

Yes! By all means...pee in your wetsuit (in the open water, of course...not in the pool).
It'll be warm...for a second there...

nolatom:
I bought a used wetsuit. I've now made it "my" wetsuit. Life is good.

Gotta mark the territory, eh? I don't dive wet very often, but I'll admit to peeing in a wetsuit- and sometimes, not in the water either. I usually overdo the hydration, so by the time I start to gear up, the water is at high tide.

Now drysuits with p-valves are another story- I'll put my drysuit on when I have the urge to purge. If you are any bit squeemish, don't hang out during surface intervals with drysuit divers who have p-valves. eeewww gross! :D

something useful- being well hydrated will dilute the strong odor and help prevent DCS.

bennedc:
Yes! By all means...pee in your wetsuit (in the open water, of course...not in the pool).
It'll be warm...for a second there...

Professionals call that a "Urinecline"! :D

khacken:
Oh yeah, and you CAN pee in a drysuit, if you have the right equiptment.
Do you need such equipment in a dry suit??? Well that "Depends", my friend. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom