When you gotta go you gotta go...right? ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something to do on the safety stop. :thumb: Yeah, you do it, rinse as possible, wash and go again. They're rubber, no problem. :wink:

All of you should be ASHAMED!!! After all that work your parents did civilizing you... Just shameful.

I, on the other hand, was raised by wolves.

:)

JB

When I took my OW class the instructor had made mention of "The Face". That stupid grin that divers gets when they jump into cold water and pee in their suit for the first time.

Brian

greatwhitepike:
Can you elaborate? I am not familiar with female technique and I'd like to help my wife.

Diapers -- either going back to your childhood -- or towards old age -- but either way -- its all about that gel in the middle.

well, i know most people DO pee in a wetsuit, i just didnt realise that everyone that posted here does. I have, when i'm surfing in a shorty, but i have never pee'd my semi-dry dive suit... sure, uring is sterile (unless you have a urinary tract infection or some such thing) but what is not sterile is the bacteria that FEEDS off the urine in your suit. your suit may be made of neoprene rubber, but that doesnt mean bacteria doesnt live on/in it, and that bacteria feeds off the urine in the suit, and no, seawater doesnt kill as much bacteria as you think, infact, seawater has its own bacterium, and all of this equates to a bad smell IMHO. I know my semidry and my surf suit smell COMPLETELY different, as does my semi-dry and my main dive-buddies suit (purchased same day, same place, same wash process taken, he pee's, i dont).

Everyone's different, most divers (understandably) would prefer to conceal the need with releasing underwater, i on the other hand would rather turn around and perform the release against a tree right before gearing up and if i'm on a boat, its usually just a bunch of my mates, so there's no shame there...

spose a day will come when i'll have to, but any time i've come close to needing to in the suit i always remember that smell, its the same smell rental suits have... try renting a suit in the morning, then donning a pee-free suit and notice the difference...

At the end of our OW certification dives, after we left the water my daughter absolutely bolted for the porta pots. As we spoke on the way home I found out that all she had to do was "#1". The thought of simply going in the wetsuit never crossed her mind. Of course it had crossed mine ... several times! When I mentioned simply going in the wetsuit, I could see the revulsion in her eyes change to a sudden "Oh Yeah" when I mentioned that the fish have to go somewhere! But then again, this is the same child who was 17 before she could get herself to squat and pee in the woods!

Hi my name is Kim and I pee in my wetsuit :D

On really cold days, well lets just say I try to drink extra fluids.

Back
Top Bottom