When you gotta go you gotta go...right? ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Problem is, at my age, I don't want to get confused between a wet suit and a business suit, even if it is a dark one.

RikRaeder:
Jokes on you, Sirenita. We were all lying to try to get you to admit it. Ha! :wink:

Sorry, that was uncalled for. I've been researching and it really IS in the DIR book,
except according to DIR you should do it twice.

Preferably with the long hose (oh that was bad)

Sirenita:
Is it normal to pee in your wetsuit? What if it's not your wetsuit?! Why is it that you need to go more than usual? Is it something to do with expansion of pressure in the bladder upon ascent?

that old saying says, "there are two types of divers: those that pee in there suits, and those that lie about it."

ohh damn! It never occurred to me that my rental suit may have been wet non-sea water style. I guess I did not realize that because the general concensus for men this side of the world is thin to regular, im on the tall side and the rental store barely had my size wetsuit available. But im definitely buying a wetsuit and goggles and a snorkel now.

As long as we're telling potty stories:

My second drysuit was a neck entry Viking Commercial. It had a pee-port on it. There were no zippers back then, this port was like a thermos bottle cap that screwed onto a threaded fitting on the suit. It was, perhaps, the diameter of a coffee cup. Anyway, between the effect of the cold on the male intromittent organ and my inability to get a hand into the port and coax said organ out of my woolies and through the port, I wound up having to wash said woolies that night.

The next week I made it a point to run across the commercial diver from whom I’d purchased the suit and sheepishly explained the problem to him. He said that he show me what I needed to do. We went out to the car and got the suit, he unscrewed the cap and turned it over. There he pointed out a small plastic loop. He laughed and told me that I surely didn’t expect him to leave the line he’d been using in there.

I was confused now, and he could see it. He reached in to his pocket and brought out a length of net twine that he deftly tied to the loop and put a slipknot in. You see, what you needed to do was get into the suit and lasso your, uh … organ, and then secure the cap. When nature called you could unscrew the cap and use the twine to maneuver things to accomplish the task.

Thalassamania:
As long as we're telling potty stories:

My second drysuit was a neck entry Viking Commercial. It had a pee-port on it. There were no zippers back then, this port was like a thermos bottle cap that screwed onto a threaded fitting on the suit. It was, perhaps, the diameter of a coffee cup. Anyway, between the effect of the cold on the male intromittent organ and my inability to get a hand into the port and coax said organ out of my woolies and through the port, I wound up having to wash said woolies that night.

The next week I made it a point to run across the commercial diver from whom I’d purchased the suit and sheepishly explained the problem to him. He said that he show me what I needed to do. We went out to the car and got the suit, he unscrewed the cap and turned it over. There he pointed out a small plastic loop. He laughed and told me that I surely didn’t expect him to leave the line he’d been using in there.

I was confused now, and he could see it. He reached in to his pocket and brought out a length of net twine that he deftly tied to the loop and put a slipknot in. You see, what you needed to do was get into the suit and lasso your, uh … organ, and then secure the cap. When nature called you could unscrew the cap and use the twine to maneuver things to accomplish the task.

I usually tie a pretty pink ribbon around mine, even though I don't have a dry suit...

:D

MSilvia:
That's why I PM'd it.

seems to be part of the hazing around here.....I am still traumatized.

hahaha. now everyone is PMing me for it... I deleted immediately when I first saw it, it is so awful. I am referring everyone to Matt Silvia and telling them it is his specialty. I cannot remember who sent it to me...I have the entire experience blocked out.

Fish_Whisperer:
I usually tie a pretty pink ribbon around mine, even though I don't have a dry suit...

:D

I once woke up after a night of drinking and found a Blue ribbon nicely tied below........

It appears I won first prize.:D

Back
Top Bottom