When you gotta go you gotta go...right? ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder:
Jokes on you, Sirenita. We were all lying to try to get you to admit it. Ha! :wink:

Sorry, that was uncalled for. I've been researching and it really IS in the DIR book,
except according to DIR you should do it twice.

You know, if you "Do It Right" the first time, you shouldn't have to do it twice.

Funny story involving wetsuits but not diving: We were running rivers in Arkansas early one spring. It was overcast with intermittent rain. Mike was cold. Actually, we were all cold but Mike was girly man enough to admit it. Charlie told him to piss in his wetsuit and it would warm him up. Lo, and behold, it worked! We got to the take out point where several really cute girls were waiting to be hauled back upriver. We loaded our kayaks and got in the van with them. We all had a great ride back except for Mike. He could smell his own urine all the way back and was afraid to talk to any of the girls. To this day he is known as "Pissy Man". :D

Is it just me or does cold water have this effect on EVERYONE? It seems like we have this button which is only pushed under certain circumstances, A big yellow one. Sometimes when we're really scared, it gets pushed, sometimes when we're Haused, it gets pushed, but more often, it's the cold water that pushes it...and pushes it...and pushes it....

Thus the name wetsuit:)

lol and all this time i thought it was because it uses water as a source of insulation.. silly me :)

There is nothing more painful than holding it for 80 minutes of a 100 minute dive , and nothing more satisfying than letting it go i actually recommend this its quite relaxing.

There was this heavy article in DAN Magazine in Feb. When you get down in water the pressure from your legs are removed causing several chemical triggers in your brain ( PE Factor). Compounded by cold this feeling increase and your bladder fills up fast.

eleven:
There is nothing more painful than holding it for 80 minutes of a 100 minute dive , and nothing more satisfying than letting it go i actually recommend this its quite relaxing.
That's why it's called the rapture of the deep!

Back
Top Bottom