When will Coz re-open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"until we have reached herd immunity either via enough people having had it or a vaccine."
I'm looking ahead.
Which is precisely my point; at the moment no one has a clue when that will be.

Carnival Cruise Line to resume sailing 1-August. Announced today are three departures each from Galveston and Miami; two from Port Canaveral. With those origins, it's a pretty good bet they will be making port calls in Cozumel.

Carnival Cruise Line to resume sailing 1-August. Announced today are three departures each from Galveston and Miami; two from Port Canaveral. With those origins, it's a pretty good bet they will be making port calls in Cozumel.
Will the Powers That Be on Cozumel allow it? If it were my decision to make, I wouldn't let any of their passengers onto the island. Of course, if I were running a cruise line I would insist on 100% COVID testing, twice, for all people aboard. Twice to reduce the probability of erroneous test results.

Will the Powers That Be on Cozumel allow it? If it were my decision to make, I wouldn't let any of their passengers onto the island. Of course, if I were running a cruise line I would insist on 100% COVID testing, twice, for all people aboard. Twice to reduce the probability of erroneous test results.

Id think there almost has to be some kind of screening before getting on planes or boats.

I seen that Florida governor saying something about a task force putting together ideas for international travel to “restart” might include rapid testing - talking about flights from Europe

one person sick and it kicks the whole thing in the knees

The stated date for reopening the Mexican economy is 1-June, with an expectation that (barring a second wave) the pandemic will be resolved by late June or early July. August - October are the traditional worst of the slow season, so in the absence of any other factors, I can't imagine that they *wouldn't* allow cruise ships.

FWIW, August - October is also the worst weather. It's the peak of hurricane season and the most hot and humid.

Id think there almost has to be some kind of screening before getting on planes or boats.

I seen that Florida governor saying something about a task force putting together ideas for international travel to “restart” might include rapid testing - talking about flights from Europe

one person sick and it kicks the whole thing in the knees
Temperature screening is not sufficient, especially not for thousands of people who will be confined together on a ship for a week or more. Asymptomatic and presymptomatic people can spread the virus.

And there's the rub.
As I posted to Twitter recently:

In chess, the pawns go first. *Some* of them make it to the end game. Usually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom