When using a long hose, how best to stow it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OneBrightGator

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So, a long hose gets some attention on a dive boat, unfortunately for me it's usually from me pointing out to someone that they are unintentionally molesting it somehow with some part of their gear and/or themselves.

Typically I don't have to deal with close quarters because I cave dive 90% of the time, but I am headed to some salt water soon and am looking into some options for keeping my hose outta harm's way, so if something works for you or you have an idea, post it up for me please!

OneBrightGator:
So, a long hose gets some attention on a dive boat, unfortunately for me it's usually from me pointing out to someone that they are unintentionally molesting it somehow with some part of their gear and/or themselves.

Typically I don't have to deal with close quarters because I cave dive 90% of the time, but I am headed to some salt water soon and am looking into some options for keeping my hose outta harm's way, so if something works for you or you have an idea, post it up for me please!
Wrap the hose in a smallish circle and clip the bolt snap to your right chest D ring.

Mark Vlahos

View attachment 31858

What he said. :D I do that on shore dives when I leave my gear out so no one trips on it too.

Have fun on your trip.

Chad

Stand there with a loaded and cocked speargun! :D

I wrap it around my tank and use a separate bungie cord to keep everything tidy.

i clip the reg and then "coil" the hose once around the valve

that keeps it out of the way

Mark Vlahos:
Wrap the hose in a smallish circle and clip the bolt snap to your right chest D ring.

Mark Vlahos

View attachment 31858

The advantage of this is that you can leave it clipped while you don your gear. You only need to unwrap it shortly before you get in the water, you can also wrap it up before you remove your stuff. It makes the whole process a little more tidy.

Mark Vlahos

Mark Vlahos:

Mark Vlahos

View attachment 31858
Great idea Mark, definately better than the one I've been using. I'll use it next time out.

OneBrightGator:

I just clip off to my right chest D ring and pass the hose once around the manifold. Makes for a nice neat package and as I'm donning I simply unhook the hose from the manifold, leaving the second stage clipped off till the harness is done up. Unclip SS, place hose under can, and around neck. Good to go...
Michael

Use a shorter hose, like everyone else on the boat. Save your 7' for caves, where they belong. The right tool for the right job...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom