When using a long hose, how best to stow it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nah... i have one setup and i use it everywhere i go

the 7-foot hose is the right tool for an air share, even in OW. it's nice to
have that distance bewteen you.

daniel f aleman:
Use a shorter hose, like everyone else on the boat. Save your 7' for caves, where they belong. The right tool for the right job...
I agree, right tool for the right job and the short hose is not the right tool for an OOA in any environment.

Quarrior:
I agree, right tool for the right job and the short hose is not the right tool for an OOA in any environment.

Prove it.

OK folks we all know where Daniel stands on this. You don't need to feed the troll. I will moderate this thread if it digresses.

I don't believe the 7ft hose is the "wrong" hose nor do I believe the short hose is the right hose...make up your dive system and always dive it...
K

OE2X:
OK folks we all know where Daniel stands on this. You don't need to feed the troll. I will moderate this thread if it digresses.
Can I tell him that I have proven it several times with divers practicing OOAs, first on their short hose then on my 7' hose and that they went and bought the long hose shortly thereafter? :D

I don't think that the original poster was after peoples opinions as to the merits of a long hose or not in different environments, so discussion along those lines is obviously off topic as well as being a contentious subject of itself. There are other threads where that has been discussed at great length so can we please keep it out of this thread.

I recommend the thread title be changed to better reflect gator's specific question, as well as to keep all the snide comments to a minimum. What were you thinkin' gator?:wink:

well, the question has been answered already, so why can't we fight now?

Is anyone else worried about the clip looking like a shiny barracuda lure right next to your nose? I wish mine was black.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom