When using a long hose, how best to stow it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, why is it not a problem? because a barracuda hasn't made a strike at it yet? I mean it is shiny and dangly....it worries me.

catherine96821:
well, why is it not a problem? because a barracuda hasn't made a strike at it yet? I mean it is shiny and dangly....it worries me.
Can't you just get a black one then? Or paint the one you have?

How about the boltsnap on your goodman handle? (cannister light)
Or the ring on my left hand?

Lots of shiny stuff...

well, okay. Yes, but it is not right next to your face. I am going to paint it. okay, just checking..

El Orans:
How about the boltsnap on your goodman handle? (cannister light)
Or the ring on my left hand?

Lots of shiny stuff...
Well, at least I get to keep my finger. :wink: No cuda's in the quarries I dive in though, but I guess I should change my bolt snaps before I go tropical again.

catherine96821:
well, the question has been answered already, so why can't we fight now?

Is anyone else worried about the clip looking like a shiny barracuda lure right next to your nose? I wish mine was black.

OK. I'll fight you Catherine! Winner gets the 8" port...:D

If your diving a wetsuit why not switch to a 5 foot hose....still plenty of air share distance and a bit less to fight with..you just have to run it tighter but still no problem...if your diving dry the 7 foot will be better as the extra suit bulk makes it uncomfortable.
Yarg

I think that the tails of barraudas and jewelry is an urban (submarine? sub-urban?) myth. I've known two people who were hit by barracuda and in both cases they were highly experienced "feeders" engaged in feeding them. In both cases they got their hand shreaded and need fifty or so stiches to put it back together. I guess they could be glad that they were not holding the food item in their teeth as I've seen done in some places.

In both cases they had just taken the fish out of their can, they could not see the Barracuda (or at least did not see it) and ... boom ... blood everywhere. I used to feed barracuda a lot, I don't anymore, not even with a mesh butcher's glove. Too bad, it was really a lot of fun, but you should see the damage that a barracuda can do.

But barracuda hitting jewelry? Not that I actually know of.

I'll keep my 7 footer for all situations. Coiling it up and clipping it off seems to be a good suggestion. I coil mine around the 1st stage but it still seems to get more attention than I'd like.

tstonedvr:
If your diving a wetsuit why not switch to a 5 foot hose....
still plenty of air share distance and a bit less to fight with.

if you're fighting with your 7 foot hose you're not doing it right

(no pun intended)

seriously, you need to figure out what to do, and it won't be much of a problem
after that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom