When things reopen...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...rumor?

Almost all southeast Florida charters are currently planning for a May 1st "Go Diving" day. Many are running at limited loads (half / 10 / etc people on board). There is a task force due to report to the governor at the end of this week with recommendations on opening. The Gov's phone is ringing off the hook. Wanna Dive? >> call your boat now.

May 2nd is what I am seeing for some of the outfits in PCB

At least 3 already running in Jax. Vis is 50' right now in most places. A little less inshore. Water is 70 ish and up. Cobia are running. Still some huge sand tigers on a few wrecks. Most boat ramps are open for private boaters as well.

JDC is planning on opening on April 30. I haven't read yet about restrictions being lifted.

Hello divers,

We are going to start diving on Thursday!

Call to make a reservation.

What you need to KNOW
The County Executive order states the boat capacity will be 8 DIVERS, 1 dive guide, 1 deck hand and 1 Captain on the bridge. This follows crowd size guidelines.
The captain and crew will review the seat arrangements on the boat. The deck hand will use a spray bottle to rinse your mask, so they do not need to handle your face gear. When we are ready to dive, we are requiring each diver to stand for exiting the boat with regulator in mouth. When returning we are asking each diver to keep their regulator in their mouth until the deckhand has you secured in your seat.
These procedures are to keep you and the crew safe. The captain and the crew will review these procedures as part of their briefings.

Starting April 30, the store hours of operation will be 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. These hours will be for CURBSIDE service only.

Offering the service of private dive guides and free dives on your birthday will be suspended at this time.

Thank you again, for all your support. See you this Thursday.
Stay safe and healthy,
Gerry & Lisa

www.jupiterdivecenter.com

So there's county executive order for a specific boat?
Sheshhh just reading all that makes me want to kiss my boat and for sure I'm grateful to have it. There's no way I could dive with all that in place.
And to think I was complaining yesterday the water was too cold for me . I'll take the 78° F water and be happy... Definetly more distancing my way.

So the rules on that boat are:
- Hold your mask to be spayed
- On boat, reg in from stand to enter to sit after exit
That doesn't seem hard.

The reg stuff protects the diver in those moments, assuming they breathe off the tank. Not sure that four minute period does much in the context of 2+ hours aboard together loading, suiting up, gearing up/down, eating, gearing up/down, eating, unsuiting, unloading.

The 4pm Broward county briefing spoke of opening important things, swimming pools, golf courses and marinas.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom