When things reopen...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tekkydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
To help the Fishing and Dive charter industries that have been crippled during the shut down, how about the State of Florida having a 2 or 3 week open season to stimulate business? I suspect opening up a short lobster/ grouper season would help the industry and might even be a good way to stimulate fishing license sales

...how about the State of Florida having a 2 or 3 week open season to stimulate business?...
Being a harvestor, I agree. But expect alot of push-back from the Eco-groups at the FWC quarterly meetings. I do think that FWC will be working with the Visit Florida group to put programs in place to get visitor counts up.

3 more years and I won't need a license. :D

BTW. There are a lot of 00non-retirees in FL that don't bother to get fishing and hunting licenses either. The FWC weekly reports are a WTF conglomeration of ridiculousness. Cast netting snook. Poaching deer while on meth.

Weekly Reports

Fish and lobster populations don't care about what is good or bad for business or license sales. Putting business as the first priority is a huge mistake. Putting business as the first priority is the whole reason why restrictions are even necessary to begin with.

To help the Fishing and Dive charter industries that have been crippled during the shut down, how about the State of Florida having a 2 or 3 week open season to stimulate business? I suspect opening up a short lobster/ grouper season would help the industry and might even be a good way to stimulate fishing license sales
There is a reproductive reason seasons are set up.

But, sure....allow harvesting during the off season. We can pay for it in the next many legal seasons.

I will be happy just diving again, and helping out with the local dive shops/charters economy here in SE Florida. Remember last year around Sept they were also shut down for about a month due to bad viz underwater from a hurricane that just came close...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom