When did you go DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
If you put your MOF...your going to die!

na-ah

my computer will kill me first

Jorbar1551:
I just keep it around my neck, because i've seen hundreds of dollars of masks fall off in monterey and in lakes, just because someone was careless of their equipment.
I find that with the backup reg bungied around my neck that anything else competing for that space tends to press on the purge button as I move my head. So before getting to the waters edge, It's on my head backwards because I find that very comfortable.

That said, as soon as I get to the waters edge I put my mask on my face and it stays there while going through the surf and during any surface swims that I might do. I've now got a reputation for these long surface swims to uphold. :wink: It keeps me from losing it and helps keep a large swell from washing out a contact lens.

Christian

jonnythan:
DIR doesn't have a stance on MOF/NMOF.

Entirely untrue.

In DIR nothing is left to chance. The risk of being mistaken for one of the editors of the Underwater Journal by wearing your mask around your neck is much too large. Moreover, the risk of humiliation by being "rescued" by a well-meaning fellow diver for wearing it on the forehead is totally unacceptable.

The *only* alternative that avoids these life-threatening risks and still allows you to swagger to the water's edge winking at the girls and giving the camera that "look-at-me-i'm-doing-it-right" flex of the right bicep is to wear the mask on the back of the head.

The peer pressure is crushing in this sport.... we simply don't have a choice! :wink:

R..

Diver0001:
Entirely untrue.

In DIR nothing is left to chance. The risk of being mistaken for one of the editors of the Underwater Journal by wearing your mask around your neck is much too large. Moreover, the risk of humiliation by being "rescued" by a well-meaning fellow diver for wearing it on the forehead is totally unacceptable.

The *only* alternative that avoids these life-threatening risks and still allows you to swagger to the water's edge winking at the girls and giving the camera that "look-at-me-i'm-doing-it-right" flex of the right bicep is to wear the mask on the back of the head.

The peer pressure is crushing in this sport.... we simply don't have a choice! :wink:

R..
04dec03_07.jpg

That's M...O...B...H...Got it. Thanks!

MOBH is the only way to go.........you can show your affiliation with your favorite shop/group etc off. The back of the strap is the most important thing.

When in DIR, you obviously have a spare mask, loosing it in swells, surf means nothing, just grab your spare and get on with it without even breaking a sweat...... thats what DIR is about

The *only* alternative that avoids these life-threatening risks and still allows you to swagger to the water's edge winking at the girls

Rob, does this mean that since I have gone DIR, I now have to wink at girls? I must have slept through that part of Fundies . . .

Mask on back of head = smashed mask when mask hits isolator.

My mask is either around neck, on side of head, or if things are rough, strap under hood, mask on face.

Tobin

max, dude, cool picture...

but what did you do that the scuba police is giving you a ticket?

(how fast was i going, officer? well... er... no faster than my smallest bubbles!)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom