When did you go DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
max, dude, cool picture...

but what did you do that the scuba police is giving you a ticket?

(how fast was i going, officer? well... er... no faster than my smallest bubbles!)
Hey Andy,

That's not Phil (Max). Phil has a look more along the lines of a rock star. :wink:

Phil moves way to fast under water (horizontally, of course) for any member of the scuba police to be able to catch him and write a ticket! :D

It's just like L.A. traffic underwater in this area... stopped during rush hour and 90 - 100 mph at all other times.

Now I must go stand in the corner and put my nose in the circle for my hijack participation. :wink:

Christian

ah... well...

it's the spirit of the joke that counts... what's a name here or there? alas...

details, details

:wink:

cool_hardware52:
Mask on back of head = smashed mask when mask hits isolator.

My mask is either around neck, on side of head, or if things are rough, strap under hood, mask on face.

Tobin

Isn't that why DIR divers carry two masks? To replace the one that is smashed on their isolator? :wink: :D

In the true spirit of my DIR Black Logoless World, I give you all this link.

If you're writing me checks, I'll pimp your shop. If I'm writing you checks, I can't imagine being compelled to wear your logo.

Divers with logo'ed mask straps probably still have the faded dealer license plate frame on their car years later... OY.

---
Ken

(eBay so rules....)

I thought MOBH was in the same spirit as a tiger mask on the back of your head, so the tigers (sharks) don't try to sheak up on me when I'm doing a surface swim on my back.

Mo2vation:

If you're writing me checks, I'll pimp your shop. If I'm writing you checks, I take your logo off of my stuff.

---
Ken

(eBay so rules....)
See what happens... I talk about someone looking like a rock star and a real one comes running on stage. With an agenda, no less! :D

Christian

Mo2vation:

is that a blindfold?

(to be used right before the stroke is kicked off the boat into 6,000 feet
of water?)

(the use of the word "stroke" in the above sentence is entirely humorous)

(the use of the word "stroke" in the above sentence is used as explanation
that the previous use of the word stroke was humorous)

(the use of the... ah, screw it)

Mo2vation:

If you're writing me checks, I'll pimp your shop. If I'm writing you checks, I can't imagine being compelled to wear your logo.

Divers with logo'ed mask straps probably still have the faded dealer license plate frame on their car years later... OY.

---
Ken

(eBay so rules....)

Hold it hold it..........that slap thing is not DIR!!! It still requires you to have a normal (silicone) mask strap. Those break..... and then you HAVE to use your spare mask... oh wait, that enforces having a spare.....hmmm Is that why they have these slap strap thingies?

PS: real divers with logo'ed mask straps didnt buy them, but got given them for free so that the one giving them could feel proud of having his logo on a real diver's attire....:14:

Meng_Tze:
,snip. ...real divers with logo'ed mask straps didnt buy them, but got given them for free so that the one giving them could feel proud of having his logo on a real diver's attire....:14:

You want to write me a check, I'll pimp your shop. You give me a strap, take a number.

Of course, I'm the one that just last year put out the call for the smallest or coolest Viz sticker for my tank... its bad enough I'm compelled to pimp a shop on my tanks.

Of course, the sticker is in the inside...

---
Ken

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom