When did you go DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip:
P.S. With all due respect; what do the last two pages of this thread have to do with the original question.

Internet forum. What did you expect?

i'm sorry guys, those last two posts are out of topic...

:wink:

catherine96821:
Diving without the team, contraindicated? Has there ever been anyone "kicked out" and for what? I understand the other stuff I think, still trying to get a grip on this grey area....or is it just a..GREY area? I can accept that BTW, I just want to know.

As an example, I am a PADI DM and I got a call from a course director telling me not to get towed to a site through some small surf on a jet ski, he thought it was not safe and could reflect poorly. Would some DIR "god" call you if you were violating DIR philosophy? Is there "enforcement" is what I am asking.... or someone in charge trying to protect the brand reputation? I know DIR is a philosophy not an agency but would a DIR -compliant agency pay you a little call if you were non-compliant?

If you stay away from the instructor certs and generally run a low profile, I don't think anyone really cares what you do and long as you don't get into an accident. I believe there's a bunch of CCR rebreather divers over on TDS that have Tech 2 certs, and I'm betting those certs aren't current because the divers haven't renewed them, not because GUE cut them off because of their heresy. All the drama and political b.s. happens at much higher levels...

H2Andy:
it's like a hamburger... i love hamburgers, but not lettuce

so i skip the lettuce

(that's one pro-found metaphor there, dude, you got to admit)
Actually it's more a hamburger without the hamburger... you just end up holding your buns in your hands. eyebrow

Rick Inman:
Actually it's more a hamburger without the hamburger... you just end up holding your buns in your hands. eyebrow

ah yes, but this is ideal if you're on a diet, no?

(or, also, a vegetarian) (beautiful if you're a vegetarian on a diet)

eyebrow

my config was fully dir compliant well before my 1st dive. and that was even before i heard of dir. oh maybe except for the snorkel:) fundies taken after 30th dive. backward kick mastered by 70th sold all my h gear by 110:) still learning as we speak

ah yes, but this is ideal if you're on a diet, no?

Actually it is better to eat the meat than the buns. Bodybuilders get by on high protein and high fat diets. The buns are usually white bread which have all the nutrients and fiber removed. Anybody who is looking to cut or to diet in general should avoid fast food hamburger buns. The meat should be ok although you can get better.

Eat the meat (Or if you are a vegetarian supplement those vegetables with some essential amino acids).

Go diving.

-V

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom