what's up with this dir stuff.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but...we have been re-termed. "dinks"

so..we let people visit our threads in Hawaii matt.

You New Englanders like order though, I do know that. here, we don't even rake leaves into little piles.

I learned the S word though. Both of them.

Vie:
I thought one of the rules is always use a certain brand (name begins with a "S") of canister light?

Couldn't tell you, I'm just a stroke. :D

now....let's see what your typical Hawaii "stroke" diver looks like

DSC_0141-1.jpg

I would like to give a plug to all the ridiculed and harassed non-DIR divers of the world, who manage to get their hoses under control and live to dive another day.

Love their gear though....

I cannot tell a lie...my gear was a mess before the DIR movement's influence.

for that, I thank them. Before and after DIR came into my life....

DSC_0229-1.jpg

well thanks. My hoses were a big mess for ...thirty years?!!

I am a slow learner.

catherine96821:
so..we let people visit our threads in Hawaii matt.
Don't take my lack of enthusiasm for this thread for being inhospitable to visitors Catherine. By all means, come on by the Lobstah Divers forum anytime you feel like talking about diving in New England. I for one would be happy to have you.

It's just that this is the one forum I like to go to to read and post about diving in the local area, so when folks from all over the world jump in to post about stuff that isn't about that, I can't help but feel they're in the wrong place... especially when the conversation is fueled by popcorn munchers, trolls, and folks who seem more interested in rekindling ugly, hackneyed, and uninformed debate than in having a meaningful discussion. I was getting the impression that at least several participants only joined the thread when they saw "DIR" in the subject, and figured it would be a good chance to come fling some poo.

wreckedinri:
Geez, and I thought that the most predominant "S" word that the DIR crowd used was STROKE!:D
Only in a shell on the Charles. THere's a great Emily Litella sketch hiding here, naw ... never mind.

P.S. we use to use the Newfie term: numnuk.

catherine96821:
well thanks. My hoses were a big mess for ...thirty years?!!

I am a slow learner.
Hey, some never learn.

Is it true that real DIR divers never dive dive in the same ocean?

Matt,

you are probably right.

Back
Top Bottom