what's up with this dir stuff.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny word, "stroke"; as a diving term, it origionated long before DIR. It once meant that a diver wasn't a real diver if he couldn't dive on his own (or was a "trust me diver") - ironic.

daniel f aleman:
Funny word, "stroke"; as a diving term, it origionated long before DIR. It once meant that a diver wasn't a real diver if he couldn't dive on his own (or was a trust "me diver") - ironic.
Yes, of course, if you could not dive on your own. I prefer solo diving. Of course, I am a "stroke".

daniel f aleman:
Funny word, "stroke"; as a diving term, it origionated long before DIR. It once meant that a diver wasn't a real diver if he couldn't dive on his own (or was a "trust me diver") - ironic.

I thought it originated in NASCAR. In the movie "3", Daryl Waltrip called Earnhardt a stroke....as in bad driver.

You guys are just being defensive and trying hard to justify your gear purchases.

I once dir'ed in a goat rope. Maximum howl for minimum goad. That's what it's all about.

superstar:
Can you dir from a cattle boat?

Die thread! Die!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom