what's up with this dir stuff.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I just got badk from Little Cayman and was reading thru all the posts while I was gone. Didn't look at the most recent time stamp. My bad!

By the way I asked my scuba shop guy what he thought of DIR? He said that he's never heard of them, and that this group is probably some fly by nite internet hoax that is run by a bunch of con artists. A couple days ago I went to their site and asked them a question abut excercises and stuff. All they coulddo is fight over whose book is the best one to read.:rofl3:

STOGEY:
By the way I asked my scuba shop guy what he thought of DIR? He said that he's never heard of them, and that this group is probably some fly by nite internet hoax that is run by a bunch of con artists. A couple days ago I went to their site and asked them a question abut excercises and stuff. All they coulddo is fight over whose book is the best one to read.:rofl3:

Which shop has never heard of DIR?

Soggy:
ones that are behind the times, and are in there own little world

altho im am not a dir guy..
i think people shoud know a little something about it before they make a opinion

Soggy:

I'll never give out that shops name. I thought that you'd be more interested in how the dir people are fighting over what book is best to read regarding excercise.

STOGEY:
I'll never give out that shops name. I thought that you'd be more interested in how the dir people are fighting over what book is best to read regarding excercise.
aw common just a hint
does the shop owner even dive anymore?

STOGEY:

Not really. I'm just curious who has their head in the sand regarding current diving philosophies.

"Hi!! My name is Stogey. This is gasoline and this is a lit match. Would you like to come play with me? It will be fun!"

Soggy:
Not really. I'm just curious who has their head in the sand regarding current diving philosophies.

I believe a more accurate statement would be "regarding a current diving philosophy", not the implication that it is the current diving philosophy. It is certainly not the diving philosophy in northeast wreckdiving, at least not in the circles that I have been diving with for the last 20 years. I'm not making a judgement . . . just an observation.:wink:

One may also make the argument that it is not "current" nor simply a "philosophy". It may be considered more of a methodologhy which has been evolving for many years.

Of course, these thoughts are merely the musings of a hose sucking stroke.:D

Later all . . . gotta go rinse my gear . . . a bunch of us went diving yesterday and oh . . . and with over 100 years of experience on the boat, there wasn't a DIR diver in sight.

I guesss we can't use the word pervalent.:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom