What's up with all the Petrels for sale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a wreck diver. I keep my compass with my snorkel... in a milk crate in my basement.

Fins2.jpg

:d
Don't you know how dangerous diving without your snorkel is.

---------- Post added March 11th, 2015 at 09:45 AM ----------

Ohh and if the cost of a used computer is that close to a new one, common sense would dictate purchasing the new one... Ymmv

Depends on if you are noticing a used or new market. In the new market, the Canada dollar has fallen so much that the Petrel has become cost effective, offering increased capabilities at a lower price then many other models. Additionally, Shearwater hasn't had any real competition since the VR's went away and the Liquivision was acquired by Huish. That seems to be getting ready to change with Sub-Gravities introduction of their computers.

It wouldn't be a bad time to get into a Petrel if you weren't concerned about having an integrated compass. Hell, I'm looking to pick up a Predator on the cheap as a backup for my Petrel 1. I just love me some OLED.

I donated my Petrel to the Chuukese Dive Guide who's been my wreck dive buddy there in Truk for the past seven years.

Then I came home and bought a new Petrel 2, which I'll probably loan out to friends for the next four months after undergoing eye surgery/cornea transplant.

(Hey RJP, how was your trip and did Nuwa & Jerson each get a share of one of the two AA batteries for their Petrels?)

Hey RJP, how was your trip and did Nuwa & Jerson each get a share of one of the two AA batteries for their Petrels?)

Trip was great. Batteries were delivered via a Truk Siren crew-member who was ending his tour of duty as a dive guide on the boat in the middle of my trip and starting as a guide at Truk Stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom