Whats the most worthless thing an LDS has tried or sold to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does that mean the fun...err...discussion is over? It's all in fun aint it?

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

When you become a scuba diver you will probably have thin skin in regard to certain things too. :wink:

I'm a scuba diver and I don't have thin skin!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

When you become a scuba diver you will probably have thin skin in regard to certain things too. :wink:
Ungle Pug,

He did apologize

I do have a Scuba-Boobs story but I will save that for a new post.:wacko:

FWIW, keeping it on-topic: I was kicking the tires on drysuits at a shop I hadn't been to before. The guy tried to sell me a "package" right off the bat. Don't need a package today, well then how about one a' these babies???!!! It was a Mares HUB.

Richard, no need to defend the HUB, that one's been played out already...

Hal Iotis once bubbled...
FWIW, keeping it on-topic: I was kicking the tires on drysuits at a shop I hadn't been to before. The guy tried to sell me a "package" right off the bat. Don't need a package today, well then how about one a' these babies???!!! It was a Mares HUB.

Richard, no need to defend the HUB, that one's been played out already...

Well...did you get the HUB? I'm thinking they should give away a HUB with each split fin purchase.

There's a guy on Scubadiving.com who performed exhaustive tests of various fins on his own. His performance data showed split fins in a favorable light. I'll stick with my Turtles, though.

Hal Iotis once bubbled...
There's a guy on Scubadiving.com who performed exhaustive tests of various fins on his own. His performance data showed split fins in a favorable light. I'll stick with my Turtles, though.

Yes but with what kicks? Once in a while I get a student who has some experienced freind sell them on splits before they start the class. I haven't been able to teach any of them to kick. Out of despiration I took several different split fins into the pool. I spent hours trying to use them in the hopes I would figure out a way to teach student who insisted on using them. They are terible for a frog (I can swim faster with my hands) Forget backing up. Turns are awkward and slow. You put on the breaks and nothing happens. If you need a sudden burst of power nothing happens. If you try a shufffle kick you just vibrate a little with no foreward movement. If they work at all it's only with a flutter and I don't flutter much. I will no longer allow students to use them. They can buy whatever they want but they can't use split fins in my class because they have no chance of learning the kicks I teach if they do. BTW, I have never seen a cave instructor allow a student to use them either. In fact, that's what made me decide to just avoid the whole problem and disallow them. After all the hassle I've had with those goofy things I can tell you how much weight I give scubadiving.com split fin data. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom