Whats the most worthless thing an LDS has tried or sold to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChasingRichard once bubbled...

They instructors tried to feed me that when I got certified. Its a load of crap. I used paddle fins once and never again. When I first started I found a lot of old timers like you. The younger divers with borrow my fins and ask me where they could buy some. It's just like when I started snowboarding with all the skiers complaining about me ruining the mountain.
Split fins are the best thing to happen to scuba in 20 years.

Bold talk for a new diver. Perhaps you could contrast the performance of the splits vs the paddle when performing various kicks for us? Maybe examine the frog, modified frog, reverse frog, modified flutter, shuffle and flutter.

Let me guess you only flutter right? You read Rodale's don't ya? If your ever in my neck of the woods look me up I'll show you what I mean, no charge.

O-ring once bubbled...

What's better about them?

They reduce cramping caused by poor technique almost as good as good technique reduces cramping caused by poor technique.

you a huge data set for evaluating a particular piece of gear...

Since you assert that splits are the 'best thing to hit diving in 20 years' we can assume you've been diving that long?

ChasingRichard wrote...

They instructors tried to feed me that when I got certified. Its a load of crap. I used paddle fins once and never again. When I first started I found a lot of old timers like you. The younger divers with borrow my fins and ask me where they could buy some. It's just like when I started snowboarding with all the skiers complaining about me ruining the mountain.
Split fins are the best thing to happen to scuba in 20 years.
:D

Lawman and Jepuskar, better watch your backs. This kid's got troll.

Great technique, Richard! That "clueless newbie with an attitude" approach gets 'em every time.

:)

metridium once bubbled...
:D

Lawman and Jepuskar, better watch your backs. This kid's got troll.

Great technique, Richard!

:)
They call him "chasing richard" because nobody can ever find him, much less catch him, with all the silt clouds he is throwing up.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
CR=sockpuppet troll

That's ok, Im in the mood! Bring it on little richard!

I've tried a few different split fins. They aren't as bad as some, but they aren't very good either. I was surprised at how well the Apollos do work with different kicks. They don't compare to my Jets, but you can frog kick with them. In current is another story entirely. In current, I found splits to be totally useless. I'll stay with my Jet Fins, they are far superior.

Boy for scuba divers you guys wear some thin skins.
I apologies if I insulted any of you.:wink:

ChasingRichard once bubbled...
Boy for scuba divers you guys wear some thin skins.
I apologies if I insulted any of you.:wink:
We were just playin' around :)

Welcome to the board...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom