What's on your playlist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
On another board I frequent, there is a monthly thread started where people list the music that they most frequently listen to at work, in their car, on their iPod, etc. It's a great way to learn about new music, which is something that I am always up for.

Anyways, here goes my list (pretty much alt-rock only)

• The Silversun Pickups - OK. These guys are just 90's cool. They sound like they are out of the 90's and so they're comfortable, but at the same time, the sound is definitely unique.
  • Boy Kill Boy - If you like The Killers or stellastar*, you should be all over these guys. Very similar sound.
  • Landon Pigg - I got this thinking I would keep it as a guilty pleasure (see Daniel Powter infra), but I have to say that this is not nearly as bubblegum pop as I was anticipating. If David Gray or John Mayer were slightly more edgy, this is the kind of thing they probably would have done.
  • Daniel Powter - So it's a guilty pleasure that I picked up from watching American Idol. So sue me.
  • State Radio - I have to say that this is the least favorite of what I am listening to. It's alright but the whole reggae thing is a bit poseurish in my opinion.

Let me know what you are listening to and what you recommend!

• The Avett Brothers - Bluegrass/Old Time Music with a rock flair. Their live show is amazing. I've been playing them non-stop for the last month.
  • The Comas - Their last album has been out since '04, but I was just introduced. Kinda like Death Cab for Cutie.
  • Panic! At the Disco - Haven't you people ever heard of closing a ******* door? No. It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality
  • Tilly and the Wall - Interesting sound. Unusual percussion (tap dancing). Heard 'em on NPR.

Lama Gyurme "Rain of Blessings" Tibetan monks

Corinne Baily Rae "Put Your records On"

Cassandra Wilson "belly of the Sun" lots of congas

Donovan Frankenreiter (Jack Johnson-ish)

Sublime "what I got"

John Cruz "Acoustic Soul" kava bar music

xiSkiGuy:
Panic! At the Disco - Haven't you people ever heard of closing a ******* door? No. It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality

What's the story with these guys?

Over here in HK this is what gets me through rainy days at work (a typhoon is passing - and it sucks)

Against Me! - punk/folk awesomeness

Micah P. Hinson - an amazing young country dude with an intense voice

Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - American girl is just too good a song

The Lawrence Arms - Chicago's finest punk band, my favourite band in the world

i agree about Panic at the disco... blech...

Cd's in the van at the moment....

ZZ top - One foot in the Blues
Eagles - Hell freezes over
BB King - Dueces Wild
Led Zepplin - Live from London (Bootleg)
Steve Miller Band - Greatist Hits

and for my wife.....

Tim McGraw - Live like you were dying...

New enough for ya all???........

catherine96821:
Donovan Frankenreiter (Jack Johnson-ish)

See...this is what I am talking about. Jack Johnson just got moved off my latest playlist, but I am a huge fan. I will definitely check this guy out if he sounds like JJ.

King Kong Matt:
What's the story with these guys?
I'm not real sure. Kinda like Fall Out Boy. But more imaginative. Definitely more lyrical. Good album. Electronica/Bubble Gum Pop/Punk twist. Check it out.

King Kong Matt:
I will definitely check this guy out if he sounds like JJ.
Agreed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom